Help please. My rezound's call quality sounds very unclear sometimes

Natandroid

Reaction score
Help please. My rezound's call quality sounds very unclear at times and other times it sounds perfectly clear. and other times it sounds perfect and then out of nowhere in the middle of a call it sounds horrible. please help.

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
No. It happens when I talk to anyone on any network. When I had the Droid1 I didn't have that problem when I was talking to the same people. Any other ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Are you on the fringe of the service area? It's been my experience that the voice quality sounds good regardless of the signal strength until you are on the edge of dropping the signal. (or you are chatting with someone using an iPhone on AT&T)

The fact that the sound is clear at times, and then gets "horrible" makes me thing it is not the phone, but in the signal between the phones.

Last edited:
OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
I always check if I have good signal whenever my phone begins to sound horrible. I guess ill just have to live with. Thanks anyway.:)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm new to the Forum and new to VZW... I just got the Rezound and so far I love the phone and definitely the service, however, I too have noticed this annoyance and was wondering if anyone had any updates on it? Tomorrow is my 14th day :(

I must add a few things and see if it helps narrow it down, i don't think is the device... I was out of the country for 8 days and use the phone overseas (and yes, it worked flawless with a prepaid sim card, at least for what i needed {No Data / No SMS Out, Just in}) and I must say that it DID NOT do this horrific noise while I used the phone during my trip... back in the states, I hear it just as Natandroid explained it.

Best comparison I can do: it's like watching Netflix HD and all of a sudden your 12Mbps connection dropped to 1Mbps and the video re-adjusts itself to keep streaming and now you have a crappy video with crappy audio.

I don't use the phone much to talk, but I must say I have had this issue in 4 out of 5 calls.

but now add this to the mix... While you have the crappy noise, if you put a head piece on, the sound is crystal clear, the same as if you put it on speakerphone... so that might make you think is the earpiece on the device right? well back to my trip overseas, it did not do it a single time :(

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the problem seems to be on a certain cell, like if all the bad calls are in a given area, I'd call Verizon tech support and see if they will check out the cell in question.
Also go into settings, call, uncheck voice privacy and see if that helps. Voice privacy is a cdma mimic that can cause more problems than help and is totally unneeded. I always uncheck mine when getting a new phone .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Last edited:

dalmi

Reaction score
I haven't had this problem but i would have to say take it back to verizon and see if they can replace the phone since it looks like others are not having this issue.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Well a lot of people are having the issue, I guess just not enough to be widely known... I just called and they placed the order for the store to swap out the phone, I have to go tomorrow though since thats my last day of the 14 day trial.

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
I had a rezound with same problem. If you can sacrifice the speaker phone than do this: remove back cover and put a piece of electric tape over the mic on the SIDE of the phone. Then put cover back on. Also uncheck the voice privacy in settings. That will solve outgoing audio in handset mode. The only downfall is you will lose outgoing audio on speaker phone. If you have Bluetooth that's another sad story. I hope this helps. Let me know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Tha187um

Reaction score
I had a rezound with same problem. If you can sacrifice the speaker phone than do this: remove back cover and put a piece of electric tape over the mic on the SIDE of the phone. Then put cover back on. Also uncheck the voice privacy in settings. That will solve outgoing audio in handset mode. The only downfall is you will lose outgoing audio on speaker phone. If you have Bluetooth that's another sad story. I hope this helps. Let me know.

Do you mean sacrifice talking while on speaker phone or killing speaker phone completely? if the first, then it doesnt matter as I never talk on speakerphone, EVER. I did the test just to see if it made a difference...
Now, what Mic on the side?? I've just had the phone for a few days so im not totally familiar with it. well either way they approved the swap. and what about the Blue Tooth story? :) thanks

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
If you look at the phone There are 2 microphones. 1 on the side And 1 on the bottom. Put a small piece of tape over the microphone on the side of the phone. It works best if you remove the cover and put the tape over the mic. If you look at the side you will see a small hole put tape over it. As far as speaker phone, that's the mic for speaker mode. When in handset mode that mic is used to block noise but it actually muffles your audio. Just give it a shot.