Help!! Picture saving problems

ekavan

Reaction score
I'm having issues with saving photos taken with RAZOR MAXX. If I select to have the pictures saved to SD Card from camera menu options whatever pics I take or have taken disappear but if I select to have them saved to internal memory the photos are saved fine. I just don't get it. Any help would be much appreciated.

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm having that same problem! Seems like with the Maxx, it has designated areas for certain apps, pics, etc to be stored. With My X, items would automatically be stored on the SD card. I thinks its different with the Maxx though. If I'm not mistaken I think you have to move the pics to the SD card manually if you want it removed from internal memory. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's crazy and thats the one thing I dont like about the Maxx. Just one...though:biggrin:!
I'm having issues with saving photos taken with RAZOR MAXX. If I select to have the pictures saved to SD Card from camera menu options whatever pics I take or have taken disappear but if I select to have them saved to internal memory the photos are saved fine. I just don't get it. Any help would be much appreciated.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Huh? In the camera app settings scroll down to the "storage Location" and pick SD card.

cece5702

Reaction score
Huh what? Thats not the problem your having? If not, than just disregard my comment!!!!!
I'm having that same problem! Seems like with the Maxx, it has designated areas for certain apps, pics, etc to be stored. With My X, items would automatically be stored on the SD card. I thinks its different with the Maxx though. If I'm not mistaken I think you have to move the pics to the SD card manually if you want it removed from internal memory. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's crazy and thats the one thing I dont like about the Maxx. Just one...though:biggrin:!

DocsDad

Reaction score
My MAXX camera is set to SD storage and works fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
E

ekavan

Reaction score
OK... So this is tripping me up. Now today its seems to be working fine but the last few days it wouldn't save them to the SD card at all. Thanks though and I will keep informed on any other strange happenings.

DocsDad

Reaction score
OK... So this is tripping me up. Now today its seems to be working fine but the last few days it wouldn't save them to the SD card at all. Thanks though and I will keep informed on any other strange happenings.

Good to hear its working for ya

OP
E

ekavan

Reaction score
Guess I was wrong. I had taken a few photos earlier today and they were viewable from SD card. About an hour ago checked and they are now nonexistent. What the heck is going on here?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rbess1965

Reaction score
Saw this in another forum, maybe it will help.

I'm 90% sure that the OP's issue is caused by Google and Motorola renaming the internal storage partition \mnt\sdcard and the sd card itself as \mnt\sdcard-ext. This is a feature, not a bug (makes it easier for phones that don't have Sd cards, and let's everyone actually use the internal space). I can assure you neither moto nor google have any intention of changing that, and its up to app developers to adapt to the change(although there its room for google to provide a single location to set the location setting for many apps in one place). Check the app in question, and see if there is an option to change where it saves stuff, and if so change it to the "-ext" folder.
Source: SD card issues with Motorola - Android Forums

lorieb63

Reaction score
I have been having the exact same issue...I did what you suggested quite awhile ago and it did not help at all. Exact same problem...any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

OP
E

ekavan

Reaction score
I myself have not found a a solution to this problem. So in the meantime, I take pictures and immediately upload them to my PC via motocast. The only problem I have with this is it shortens battery life.

OP
E

ekavan

Reaction score
Well after all the fumbling around, I've come to find that the SD card was bad. I got a different one and VIOLA!!! Everything is good.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well after all the fumbling around, I've come to find that the SD card was bad. I got a different one and VIOLA!!! Everything is good.

Geez I read too late... that was gonna be my recommendation...

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
E

ekavan

Reaction score
Better late than never. Thanks!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I just noticed I am having the same problem. Pictures won't save to the SD card. The SD card doesn't seem to be damaged because I can access other pictures that I have on there, that I transferred on to the card when I got the Maxx. I haven't had a chance to really play with it other than to change it from SD to Internal. Guess I will play with it this weekend and see what I come up with