HELP!!! Phone messed up after losing power

demobrain

Reaction score
I have a DInc with 2.2 rooted using Unrevoked. Yesterday my battery died. When I got it running again the phone was not running any apps that were installed on the sd card. It is recognizing the sd card and I can mount and unmount it but the phone doesn't recognize the apps and every time I resart there are a bunch of processes that pop up with force closes. The Market app worked at first but now every time I try to open the Market it force closes so I cannot reload any of my apps. Another strange thing is that my text alert sound has been changed even though I had never changed it from the default. I try running Lookout to scan for virus but it won't open, it doesn't force close, just nothing happens.

jf7609

Reaction score
That's really weird. Hopefully you did a nandroid backup before all this happened. Do a factory reset and restore?

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using Droid Forums app.

OP
D

demobrain

Reaction score
I have never done a nandroid backup. I did a backup using Titanium but that was back in March. HTC just got back to me and the only thing they told me to do was rest of course. My plan now, unless someone can help me recover, is to copy everything from the phone memory and sd to my pc and then reset. Does a nandroid backup save texts? What is involved in doing a nandroid backup?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
A Nandroid backup is an exact copy of your phone at that time and can be restored at any time. I highly suggest you do a back up once a month atleast in case things like what happened to you at 1st occur again.

Simply boot into recovery and select backup and let it do its business.

Sent via Optimus Prime