HELP... Phone has devolved into a freakin paperweight

Beardface

Reaction score
It doesn't have massive reboot problems, but when it does reboot it happens about 2 or 3 times in the span of an hour. However, it is PLAGUED with data connection problems. Namely, it doesn't hold a data connection. Constantly drops 3G, will cycle between 3G, 1X, and no data when in full bar reception. The software update that is supposed to fix it is not showing as available when I try to grab it. In fact, it doesn't do anything when I try to grab it. The popup screen just closes with no further action from the phone. Called Customer Service online and went to a Verizon store and neither knew how to fix. In fact, neither had seen this problem before. Anyone know what to do?

LAKings_Dru

Reaction score
I get the same problem. When I go to software update and status, the screen doesn't say anything about what software I'm running. When i push to check for available software, it tells me no service available. Went into a store yesterday and to my surprise they told me to restart my phone and pull the battery. I told them I did that, they called an associate over who had a thunderbolt and he said he has the same issues and showed me his phone. What a waste of time! Other than that I love this phone. Am running stock but am curious about rooting. Not sure how to do it, or where to read about it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Oh, and before anyone asks... I've done the battery pull, I've done the factory reset (twice) and I've reset the crap out of the device. Nothing has worked.

I'm so f'n fed up with this device. Its been one giant POS since the day I downloaded the May software update. Verizon broke my damn phone and they only way they are willing to fix it is to send me some other POS that someone else returned because it was defective. No dice. I'm not playing that game again after the experience I had 3 years ago. No sir.

So I'm willing to listen to anyone try to help me through this. I'm done with this. I need it fixed ASAP and I need the damn update. This dropping signal **** has got to go.

Reaction score
Well regarding the whole refurbished phone thing, idk where you live, but i work for a store that is a retailer for verizon and we offer cell protection that sends new phones rather than previously broken ones. I know it's probably too late now, but for future reference it's called ProtectCell.

Otherwise if it's less than a year old it should be under manufacturers warranty and you can get it replaced.

smokey1336

Reaction score
Just a suggestion I had same problems with phone when I first got The phone But I have rooted and installed Bamf Sense 3.0 RC4 at first dialer has eaten the battery but after turning off flip phone, pocket mode and quiet phone on pick up and then turning off assisted dialing I am loving this phone now not a problem and battery life is Awsome running ULV 1024 with sleep at 245 im getting up to 20+ hours on OE battery just a thought to help you out:)

Technoman

Reaction score
Oh, and before anyone asks... I've done the battery pull, I've done the factory reset (twice) and I've reset the crap out of the device. Nothing has worked.

I'm so f'n fed up with this device. Its been one giant POS since the day I downloaded the May software update. Verizon broke my damn phone and they only way they are willing to fix it is to send me some other POS that someone else returned because it was defective. No dice. I'm not playing that game again after the experience I had 3 years ago. No sir.

So I'm willing to listen to anyone try to help me through this. I'm done with this. I need it fixed ASAP and I need the damn update. This dropping signal **** has got to go.

Have you tried loading the full RUU file? That is what I did since I had already loaded the leaked MR2, and I have had no issues at all.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Root it

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Root it

Considering how much of a complete f'ing disaster this phone is as stock, I think I might have to in order to use it as advertised.

Pretty piss poor Quality Control from HTC's end when their flagship device on the biggest and fastest network is such a complete and utter Piece of Dogcrap. I'm sick of this crap.

Technoman

Reaction score
Root it

Considering how much of a complete f'ing disaster this phone is as stock, I think I might have to in order to use it as advertised.

Pretty piss poor Quality Control from HTC's end when their flagship device on the biggest and fastest network is such a complete and utter Piece of Dogcrap. I'm sick of this crap.

You could try the full RUU update file first if you wanted to keep from rooting. I am getting superb battery, no reboots, and data just like I always have with the full RUU update.

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Root it

You could try the full RUU update file first if you wanted to keep from rooting. I am getting superb battery, no reboots, and data just like I always have with the full RUU update.
Where is it and how do I apply it?

I'm having MASSIVE problems right now. I did a factory reset, and because of the awful data connections, it is completely hanging itself in the market. I'm getting literally a hundred failed downloads because it can't keep a connection for more than 3 seconds at a time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It may not be your software or phone i had that happen a few days ago. Do ##778# code 000000 go to mode settings and switch to rev a. If after you reboot your phone is fine then there is fluctuations with LTE in your area. Even if you don't have lte fluctuations still mess with 3g on ehrpd, so go to rev a and see if that fixes you.

sent from droidforums app

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
OK... so an update...

After spending an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with Verizon Customer Service, it seems like the problems I had above are all resolved, or at the very least, they have been addressed.

Data connectivity was restored to working condition after the rep reset the network on their end. Have a very solid and strong 3G signal now that does not drop (at least not so far). As for the software update, apparently HTC has not released the update to all devices, and are staggering to whom the update will go. Seems to be focusing on the 4G markets first, and then moving to the 3G markets. The update is rolling out based on area codes (or at least thats what I've been told, and it makes sense to me since I use an out of market area code). If your phone checks for the update and does not come back with any kind of result (i.e. the popup just closes) thats a good sign, as it means that it recognizes the update is there, but HTC has not authorized that area for download, yet.

However, somehow through a series of factory resets and battery pulls, the Market has been... well... its just not working. Every download goes straight to FAIL. Ugh, so I'm currently working on that and will hopefully have that resolved soon. Other than that, its running much better than it was before. Have to say, one of my better Customer Service experiences in a while. I think those Tech guys are more willing to help when they realize you know what you're talking about.