Help on getting new phone

Eriram

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some feedback getting a new phone. Basically this will be my 3rd smartphone so I keep the upgrade from Verizon, my carrier, for the two years.

My phones have been the droid Incredible and the RAZR Maxx XT912. I'm up for an upgrade and will lose my unlimited data. But my phone is acting funky. I rooted it in December to maybe get a few more months with it. My battery life improved but it crashes constantly and in tired of it. I have to reset it just about every two weeks. So I'm looking to upgrade.

I rooted with safe strap and using Cyanogrnmod v.10.1.3 spyder.

I basically use my phone to listen to music and read, browse the net and listen to music. I use 3.5 GB of data so I'll have to adjust my use.

I really liked my incredible since the speakers were awesome.

I planned on getting the RAZR Max 32gb version but they don't have it, and they can't order it. It seems like they are pushing the 16gb. I can't get it online either.

So I went in knowing what I wanted but walked out a little overwhelmed.

I'd appreciate feedback. The Samsung 5 seems flimsy, no kevlar, as a dad that's pretty impressive. Heart rate monitor? Who cares.

Again any feedback would be appreciated.

Eric

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd recommend you head into a store and take each of the phones that catch your eye on a trial run. Any of the top tier phones are great and have their own strengths and weaknesses.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
I've heard HTC One M8 is good but have no personal experience with it. One thing I DO know for sure is that I will never buy another Samsung after my horrible experience with the Droid Charge (especially if you plan to root).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
E

Eriram

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did go back, mess around with the phones and I remembered why I liked my Incredible. I got the HTC one M8, mainly for the speakers.

This phone seems sturdier than the Samsung which was definitely a plus.

I was debating in going with the Samsung Note but didn't want to pay that much more.

By the way, they got me, if I was willing to spend an extra 100 dollars they'd give me 6 GB for what I pay now.

So for new people, negotiate better than I did, they can give you more data.

Thanks for the feedback.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If you ask for the max plan, available to existing unlimited people. You'll receive 6 gigs of data instead of 2. Just chiming off.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

OP
E

Eriram

Reaction score
If you ask for the max plan, available to existing unlimited people. You'll receive 6 gigs of data instead of 2. Just chiming off.

So I've been had and should return my $100 purchase. :biggrin::

I got the quick charge external battery, seems useful but still...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I would storm back to the store, has to be a corporate store, and pitch a fit. Saying the should've laid that option on the table. Call Verizon and see if they can alter the plan. Worst case scenario, return phone take the hit on the restocking fee and start over. Evil VZW reps.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The 3 top choices IMO are the S5, M8 and the LG G3. The G3 is my choice but won't be available until the end of June.

OP
E

Eriram

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this. I called Verizon and they told me to go back and return it.

I went to a different location and they asked me why I was returning it. Next thing I know they are writing an incident report and telling me proper measures will be taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I just wanted by money back. The lady I spoke to happened to be a manager and she wasn't too happy.

Never wanted to get someone in trouble.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you weren't given the total picture, all the options then people need to be accountable.