HELP!!! No 3G OR 4G now!

altjx

Reaction score
Very frustrated!!!

Originally, I had stock .181. Rooted with the DROID RAZR Utility... After rooting, I went to How To Install Ics 6.14.79 [It's Fastbootable Back To Gingerbread!] - DroidRzr.com to get ICS Leak... Got ICS Leak with no problems, and then rooted again after that. Afterwards, I noticed I didn't have 4G... 3G started going to and from 4G periodically... Made a thread and got no replies, and didn't have time to wait around to get 4G back, so I flashed back to .181 using the DROID RAZR Utility again... and now... my 3G and signal icons are white, and 3G is showing up every 10 seconds or so and going back away.

I am relying on wifi right now to do anything, and don't have 3G or 4G... I don't understand why it seems like I'm the only person that's having these issues? Wtf?? Can someone help me?!?! I am so ****ed!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Call vzw, trust me. Its not your device :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score

I did. They told me it wasn't any outages around the area :( After telling her I've done restores and stuff, I told her I read that some people had to swap out their sim cards according to forums. She told me she would probably suggest that. My thing here is though is it happens during the process of upgrading to ICS and restoring back from it. I am almost sure it's me :\

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, I'm gonna say this... I know more about the towers at least in my area, than vzw employees will ever know about the towers.

I have 3g right now too. Every single 4g device I have has 3g all over town, and they're telling me the same thing :)

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
That's kind of coincidental though for me to have 4G for 2 weeks straight, and the minute I try upgrading to ICS Leak, 4G stops working. You know? Lol.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score

Damnit, you're right! Haha. I went there and the lady was telling me they entered a ticket a few days ago, and that they would be testing the towers. Man, stuff just was so weird!! I don't understand why the 611 lady wouldn't tell me this when we spoke! So much miscommunication.

Oh well, back to ICS ^_^.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I feel your pain.. trust me. I'm lucky right now of my posts load up.. grrrrrr.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Typos are killing me today, especially when i try to correct them and can't

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
LOL. Haha. I feel you on that. I'm glad I got this resolved... Only thing now is to find out how to freeze multiple apps at the same time. Looks like they removed the hide feature in ICS. Bloatware is killing me... lol.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You said you're rooted... use titanium and freeze em :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
PS our 4g is back up and running over here.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Yeah I am. By getting back on ICS freshly, there's so many of them now. It seems like there's even a few more (like Caller ID), lol. Do you know of a way of freezing multiple at the same time? So time consuming clicking one app + freeze, next click + freeze, for all 7+ of them, lol. >_<

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Same here! 4G has been working for about the past 30 minutes now. Can't believe I went through 2 hours earlier of troubleshooting, calling verizon, AND driving there... All because of the timing of the ics leak upgrade for me and the 3g/4g dropping :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol... troubleshooting isn't easy. Sometimes a stupid happenstance will occur and throw you off at just the right/wrong time... as a former mechanic.. I know all about that.

Jack of all trades... master of none lol. :D

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Lol... troubleshooting isn't easy. Sometimes a stupid happenstance will occur and throw you off at just the right/wrong time... as a former mechanic.. I know all about that.

Jack of all trades... master of none lol. :D

Yeah, lol. That really killed my mind. That issue made me think about my whole life -- that's how pissed off I was, lol.

While you're here, and I know this may be another topic, but would you happen to know how come I get the email notifications, but no sound? Sound/vibrate works perfectly for txts, but emails, neither one of them are going off. Just the notification light. ^_^ I'm searching I swear I am, lol.