Help! Newbie question for sync with desktop Outlook 2003

sissiromy

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just got a Droid X and I love it, but I have not been able to sync the Droid X to my laptop Outlook 2003 that is not connected to work email, just for my own use. If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it, I have searche through this forum and this has not yielded any result. I mainly want to sync my tasks (and I guess calendar) in Outlook 2003 with my Droid X.

I have done some searches on Google and found that the Droid X cannot do a task list, is this true?

Thanks! Sissi.

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just got a Droid X and I love it, but I have not been able to sync the Droid X to my laptop Outlook 2003 that is not connected to work email, just for my own use. If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it, I have searche through this forum and this has not yielded any result. I mainly want to sync my tasks (and I guess calendar) in Outlook 2003 with my Droid X.

I have done some searches on Google and found that the Droid X cannot do a task list, is this true?

Thanks! Sissi.

AFAIK no can do, at least easily. This thread may be helpful,

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/60704-droid-x-sync-outlook.html

lewwill

Reaction score
You can sync the Outlook calendar to the calendar in your google account on your desktop and it will sync to your Droid automatically. Entries in your Outlook calendar will show up on your Droid very quickly. Do a search for sync Outlook calendar or use link here.
Google Calendar
You can import all your Outlook contacts to your desktop gmail account and it will sync to your DX. Of course you have to be using the same gmail account on both the desktop and X. I don't know about tasks.

lewwill

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said to import your Outlook Contacts to gmail account using a .csv file. In Outlook go to File/import export, save as .csv to desktop and import into gmail.

OP
S

sissiromy

Reaction score
Thank you I will try your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. The sticky "new to droid x" provides some info but the chart does not show apps that sync to tasks (and the tasks is linked to the calendar) -- I can't believe it can be this difficult to just sync your outlook to the droid. Even the Palm can do it, and it's dinosaur technology. Even the iphone can do it and it's a direct competitor of Microsoft. What's wrong with Google and Android? do they know people are returning Droids to the store for this reason?