Help Needed... Receiving replacement device today!

uscvwfan

Reaction score
I am receiving a replacement device today for my Droid Razr Maxx HD and have one major concern. What do I need to do to make sure I don't lose any saved data when I transfer my info from the old device to the replacement? I realize download the apps again to the new device, my problem is that I have no idea on how to stop from losing all my saved game data. I have quite a few games that I have made good progress on them and I do not want to start the games over.

An assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

uscvwfan

arparaspolo

Reaction score
I only know of two ways. One needing root and one that doesn't.
Best method in my opinion(which is uneducated) is the one needing root access. Titanium Backup. It will back up your entire phone then when you get the new one, you root it and download TB and restore it. Everything from your texts to your saved games will be transferred. No need to download any of the apps either. It does it all.

The other method is Helium. You download the app to your phone then it'll give you a link to download it to your computer. All it needs the computer for is to give the app access to backup and restore.
Once the apps are downloaded connect your old phone to the pc and open helium on you phone and pc. A little screen will pop up. Once there is a big green check in that screen you are good to go.
You can then back up your info. By default, it is set to data only which makes things faster. But if you uncheck that, it'll backup the app and the data. Not all apps can be backed up.
Once it is all backed up, do the same to your new phone only instead of choosing "Backup" choose "Restore" and select all the apps you want. Then it'll restore.

It didn't always work perfectly, but it still works.

I am sure there are other ways, maybe more easy than my options, but I don't know of them.

Good luck.