Help Needed - Not receiving texts

dvap00

Reaction score
It has just been brought to my attention that I am not receiving text messages. An hour call with VZW and my issue was "escalated" but will probably not be resolved for 72 hours. Any guru's online now to offer quick help? A little Google suggested a reset. Any thoughts? Texts have all the sudden become my lifeline!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've received several txt messages this morning. Is it possible that the sender is using an incorrect address? If you have access to a computer ask the sender to send you a txt at
[email protected].

Mike

OP
D

dvap00

Reaction score
I can't recieve from any phone. I have a work issued blackberry, no dice, my gf was right next to me last night, no dice..... multiple other people have called me regarding sent texts, none of which I have received. If I got to vtext.com and send myself a text I receive it almost instantly..... very, very annoying and strange.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez that is really strange. What really muddies the water is that you can send yourself a txt via vtext. What happens if others send you a txt via vtext?

Mike

OP
D

dvap00

Reaction score
I would think I would receive it as I didn't log into vtext.com to send it. It is seriously frustrating the sh!t out of me. OCD doesn't like having non-working things :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think I would receive it as I didn't log into vtext.com to send it. It is seriously frustrating the sh!t out of me. OCD doesn't like having non-working things :)

I hear you! I'm like you, I want things to run and work as they should. This would cause me to get sideways. I wish I could be more helpful.

Mike

DuctTape

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. However I am getting SOME texts and not others. The sender's phone (also on verizon) shows the text icon as sent, but not the icon for received. Some texts show sent and received and these I did get (same sender). I am not sure if this is a new problem or one that has been going on for a while (I do not send/receive very many texts). Very strange.

OP
D

dvap00

Reaction score
I ended up with 2 different VZW ticket numbers and a tech finally figure out something that was preventing me from getting some of my text messages. They took down known numbers I was having issues with. As far as I know, I'm not receiving 100% of them.....unless someone hasn't mentioned that I didn't reply to one.

All in, over 2 hours with technical service, but it was worth it because now all is good.

dangell26

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. However I am getting SOME texts and not others. The sender's phone (also on verizon) shows the text icon as sent, but not the icon for received. Some texts show sent and received and these I did get (same sender). I am not sure if this is a new problem or one that has been going on for a while (I do not send/receive very many texts). Very strange.

Did you trying calling *228? This usually solves my problem when I am not getting texts.