help me root my droid 2 global

xGL0B4LxGH0STx

Reaction score
Hello, I am very new to this and I would like a guide on how to root my droid 2 global. I will need step-by-step instuctions, detailed if you can, cause I don't wanna take a chance of my phone being bricked (im not really sure what that means but it doesn't sound good) oh and im am on gingerbread if that helps anyone. Thanks

OP
X

xGL0B4LxGH0STx

Reaction score
OP
X

xGL0B4LxGH0STx

Reaction score
Acutally I don't think I wanna go through with this cause I've been doing some reading and im not at a good finacial state in my life to be going out and buying a new device if the one I have now gets bricked and recently I've been having problems with my d2g and had to have it returned to stock but I don't know if that can interfere with the rooting process or not. I just don't trust my phone, I guess because to me it feels kinda old and to me I just don't know if my phone could "handle" it without something going wrong with my phone and I have to return it to stock

OP
X

xGL0B4LxGH0STx

Reaction score
i used the droid 3 method on my d2g and it worked just fine

Alright but I just don't know if I wanna do this or not, I just don't have the money to get a new device if mine gets bricked, like I explained in my newest post, if you wanna check it out ---^

Last edited:

Dfit18

Reaction score
Acutally I don't think I wanna go through with this cause I've been doing some reading and im not at a good finacial state in my life to be going out and buying a new device if the one I have now gets bricked and recently I've been having problems with my d2g and had to have it returned to stock but I don't know if that can interfere with the rooting process or not. I just don't trust my phone, I guess because to me it feels kinda old and to me I just don't know if my phone could "handle" it without something going wrong with my phone and I have to return it to stock

the process is pretty simple and if followed correctly then your phone will be fine. now there is always a risk when rooting, but I have rooted, sbf'd by d2g so many times while flashing new roms i have lost count and have never encountered any problems.

OP
X

xGL0B4LxGH0STx

Reaction score
the process is pretty simple and if followed correctly then your phone will be fine. now there is always a risk when rooting, but I have rooted, sbf'd by d2g so many times while flashing new roms i have lost count and have never encountered any problems.

What is sbf? It seems that if I don't have this than something could go wrong and should I use the "pete's motorola root tool" or droid 3 easy root? I just wanna get everything right before I start this cause I need my phone and I don't want anything to go wrong

Last edited:

Dfit18

Reaction score
if you look at the top of the d2g hacks page, there is a thread about rooting and about sbf. sbf is a tool that you use if you mess your phone up. using the sbf tool will bring your phone to an "out of the box" state, basically brand new. now for the root tool, it doesn't matter which one you use, both will work and are pretty much the same thing.