Help me decide

SJG

Reaction score
Hello.... so I was sooo excited and looking forward to June 18th when I planned to switch from a Blackberry to the Droid by Motorola. Then I started reading about the release of the Droid 2 on the forum.

First of all, aside from the keyboard changes, what else will be different between the droid and droid 2?

I have been hearing that the droid 2 will not be released until September - does anyone know?

Bottom line, those of you who have a droid ... should I wait 3 more months to get the droid 2 or should I go ahead and get the droid?

I'm soo confused and dont know what I should do :icon_eek:

JerryRogan

Reaction score
Well, I'm an old man, so take this for what it's worth. I started with the Eris Droid and switched to the Motorola Droid - never looked back - just enjoyed the Droid. I also haven't read a thing about the Droid 2, but you could grow old waiting for it!

After playing with my sons Blackberry (company issued), all I can say is why wait! My Droid does everything I could possible want it to do!

Good luck...

parker34

Reaction score
Hello.... so I was sooo excited and looking forward to June 18th when I planned to switch from a Blackberry to the Droid by Motorola. Then I started reading about the release of the Droid 2 on the forum.

First of all, aside from the keyboard changes, what else will be different between the droid and droid 2?

I have been hearing that the droid 2 will not be released until September - does anyone know?

Bottom line, those of you who have a droid ... should I wait 3 more months to get the droid 2 or should I go ahead and get the droid?

I'm soo confused and dont know what I should do :icon_eek:

In my opinion it depends if you are going to be a normal user or if you are going to root it, if you are wanting to root it then i would go for the original but if not then yes i would go for the Droid 2 because it is faster and has a better camera (hopefully) but it may take a while for a rooting process to come for the droid 2 or it may never be rooted.

korp

Reaction score
The Droid 2 or 'Xtreme' will have a better processor, probably a better screen, more memory .... this is what happens with all new phones, they will be better than the last. The incredible has a 1ghz processor and then Droid 2 will have something better than that.

If you can wait then I suggest it ... August/September is not that far away ... but if you can't wait you might want to go for the Incredible even though you might have to wait a few weeks at least you are going to have better hardware and one of the newer devices out .... the Droid is like 7-8 months old now.

JerryRogan

Reaction score
.... the Droid is like 7-8 months old now.

Wow, now I really feel old! But you know, I'm still pretty dependable and able to do everything anyone asks of me. A person could go broke trying to keep up with these darn things...

Not trying to hijack this thread, but what difference does rooting make? :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid 2 or 'Xtreme' will have a better processor, probably a better screen, more memory .... this is what happens with all new phones, they will be better than the last. The incredible has a 1ghz processor and then Droid 2 will have something better than that.

If you can wait then I suggest it ... August/September is not that far away ... but if you can't wait you might want to go for the Incredible even though you might have to wait a few weeks at least you are going to have better hardware and one of the newer devices out .... the Droid is like 7-8 months old now.

I couldn't disagree more. With Froyo available there is no reason to shell out the money for an Incredible. It doesn't have a physical keyboard and the Droid can run faster. Miami has a Droid and an Incredible and he has gone back to the Droid since Froyo came out.

Better hardware? Says who? Droid is built solid, with metal, not plastic like the Incredible.

Prior to the release of Froyo you may have had a point but not anymore.

Mule65

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. With Froyo available there is no reason to shell out the money for an Incredible. It doesn't have a physical keyboard and the Droid can run faster. Miami has a Droid and an Incredible and he has gone back to the Droid since Froyo came out.

Better hardware? Says who? Droid is built solid, with metal, not plastic like the Incredible.

Is Froyo available for non-root?

JoeJxn

Reaction score
Don't wait. Get rid of the crappy Blackberry and get a Droid. I used to have a BB Storm and the blandness and the crappy app market drove me insane.

I was hesitant to buy a Droid instead of an Incredible, but after buying the Droid and playing around with it, it can do everything the Incredible can, and I'm 100% satisfied. The Droid does everything. There's no reason to buy the Incredible (or in this matter, wait for the Droid 2).

korp

Reaction score

For some the physical keyboard isn't a huge deal .... I do love it personally. The Droid runs faster when overclocked.......

The Incredible has a better processor ... I'm not sure how you can argue that it doesn't? If you aren't going to root why wouldn't you go with it? I'm not sure about rooting capabilities on the htc phones but if you could overclock that then it would be a beast.

I think you're really misunderstanding me ... I have the Droid and love it but I just can't see going with an older device when they are the same price. Froyo is and will be great but you are going to be locked into most likely a 2 year contract .... making the phone at least 2.5 years old. This reminds me of Blackberry releasing their 5.0 os .... the phone might be on the fringe and if it's between the Incredible and the Droid .... the Incredible would win since it has a faster processor.