Please help me decide. Moto Droid or Eris

jdeezy

Reaction score
Im due for my upgrade and I cant decide between the Moto Droid or the Droid Eris. I just got in my email a free upgrade for the Eris, but cant help but wonder if I will be happier with the Moto Droid. Damn decisions.

darreno1

Reaction score
Go to the store and give them a try. I'd say get the Droid just for the speed alone but that's just my opinion. Nothing beats having them both in your hands.

OP
J

jdeezy

Reaction score
I tried them out today, they were pretty similar, but I didnt get to mess with them long due to a Verizon rep showing every phone to an older couple. I'm reading about so many problems the Moto Droid is having, but the Eris not so much. Makes my decision that much harder, and having a free upgrade isnt helping either.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You don't hear as much about the Eris because not as many people have them. You have to remember that people come on the forum to post a problem. That is true for most forums. People don't generally start a "my phone works" thread. Are there problems? Sure. There is with all new technology. Hopefully the 12/11 update will address most of them. As for your decison you need to weigh the pros and cons of both. They already announced Android 2.0 for the Eris so that is a push. The Droid is a little faster, bulkier, heavier, and has a physical keyboard. The Eris has the more polished UI and a "cooler" form factor. Can't really go wrong with either.