Help me decide

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of getting a new phone and I can't decide between the S6 Edge or the S6 Edge+. I've had the Note 4 since January, and it's just a little too large. Originally, I wasn't interested in the regular Edge because I felt it lacked more function. Someone told me a software update added the missing functions from the Edge+. A gal I know with the Edge has some random purple spots when she uses her camera occasionally.

Help! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So I'm thinking of getting a new phone and I can't decide between the S6 Edge or the S6 Edge+. I've had the Note 4 since January, and it's just a little too large. Originally, I wasn't interested in the regular Edge because I felt it lacked more function. Someone told me a software update added the missing functions from the Edge+. A gal I know with the Edge has some random purple spots when she uses her camera occasionally.

Aren't both of the 6's roughly the same size as the Note 4?

Note 4tified

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

Samsung has been replacing the ones that start showing purple and blue dots. They're saying it's a hardware issue. There are a few temporary work arounds to make it go away temporarily, but your friend should have it replaced.

If you get it let me know how you like it. It's the one I am considering talking my wife into exchanging her Note 4 for.

From the Edge of the Galaxy

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
For what it's worth it seems to be a problem with the front facing camera hardware.

From the Edge of the Galaxy

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would go for the E+..
I know, I'm really drawn to it, but my hands are really small (I wear a size 5 ring, if that helps lol) so I'm not sure I could handle it. That's why I went to the G4 for a short time

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
No the regular one is the size of the S5. The Note 5 is about the size of the Note 4,and the same size as the Edge+

I see. I still have/love my Note 4. Had it since February, never had a phone this long without wanting something else... I LOVE my S pen.... Although I am seeing that most of what I use it for is available in other apps available in the Play store. But none the less I can't see me getting rid of it unless the Note 6 had an SD card slot again....

As far as which 6 to go with I like the thought of the edge but seems I would always be hitting things I didn't want on the edge when using 1 handed. I do it ALL the time with my Note 4 and it has regular edges.

Note 4tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you think the Note is too big, I'd go with the regular S6 Edge. Like you said yourself, the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ are around the size of the Note 4. No sense in upgrading to another phone that you struggle to use comfortably.

Just my 2 cents though.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've held both of the phones multiple times since I sell them, and because of the phone is just slightly more narrow, it seems like it fits better in my hand. I'm so torn. I rarely use the Spanish Pen, so I've not even really considered the Note 5. Advantage on that would be the curved Edge screen was put on the back of the Note, so it will feel even slimmer

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wouldn't that be awesome....an s- pen that as you're writing in English, it automatically converts it to Spanish or other language? Wait....TRADEMARK! PATENT!

S5 tap'n
Dude..google keyboard already does that...see all of my typos??? Baaahahahahahahahahaha..