Help me choose a new Verizon Motorola Android Phone

diablo81588

Reaction score

olorolo

Reaction score
Why would I need to compare? I already know it has a slow, old, inefficient processor and gets pathetic battery life. The only thing going for it is the screen, which is also inefficient.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
My battery is fine with a custom and I'm not running that slow ass stock either so its very noticable that its a dual core 1.5 ghz processor not a 1.2 as you have. I'm rooted and booted running 4.0 Sense EclipticRez Rom with incredikernel and my battery is as long as any phone I ever had rooted and booted! View attachment 56319 View attachment 56320 now post yours
I cant even believe your supporting Moto with their locked bootloaders over HTC with all the unlocked bootloaders on every phone! I had the Droid 3 and practically gave it away ($100)four months ago compared to what I paid I will never own a Moto ever again! TRASH

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
You did not get 3 days of use with the stock battery. I don't care what kernel or ROM you have. Extended batteries are not a fair comparison of battery life. I could put a 7000mAh battery in my phone and claim a week of use without charging.

As far as the processor is concerned, my cpu is faster at 1.2ghz than yours at 1.5. The snapdragon s3 is an extremely old design, so they had to overclock it to compete with current processors. It's like comparing a p4 desktop cpu to a core i7. Clock speed is not the only factor for performance.

olorolo

Reaction score
You did not get 3 days of use with the stock battery. I don't care what kernel or ROM you have. Extended batteries are not a fair comparison of battery life. I could put a 7000mAh battery in my phone and claim a week of use without charging.

As far as the processor is concerned, my cpu is faster at 1.2ghz than yours at 1.5. The snapdragon s3 is an extremely old design, so they had to overclock it to compete with current processors. It's like comparing a p4 desktop cpu to a core i7. Clock speed is not the only factor for performance.

I've already stated that I don't use nothing stock and neither does anybody else have to. I have custom beats headphones Nicky Minaj version, otterbox and custom everything but its an option that everyone has not just me. HTC Sense just looks way better then that goofy generic looking moto blur crap and you know it does haha your killin me bragging about a battery(is that all) how's your beats running and your hd screen or better yet how's your 1080 hd camcorder workin out for ya? Oh that's right you don't have none of the above:D

Sent from my HTC Vigor using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
I've already stated that I don't use nothing stock and neither does anybody else have to. I have custom beats headphones Nicky Minaj version, otterbox and custom everything but its an option that everyone has not just me. HTC Sense just looks way better then that goofy generic looking moto blur crap and you know it does haha your killin me bragging about a battery(is that all) how's your beats running and your hd screen or better yet how's your 1080 hd camcorder workin out for ya? Oh that's right you don't have none of the above:D

Actually, ICS blur is almost completely stock Android, and I much prefer that over bloated sense. Not sure what you mean by HD cam. Mine records in 1080p as well. Beats is a gimmick :p

olorolo

Reaction score
Actually, ICS blur is almost completely stock Android, and I much prefer that over bloated sense. Not sure what you mean by HD cam. Mine records in 1080p as well. Beats is a gimmick :p

Bloated Sense? You must mean a stock loaded Rom or a phone with no ram because Sense by far has best looking UI of any launcher with the smoothest transitions,the best widgets and its only slow if your phone was slow to start with (your own fault) and The Bionic isn't faster I just read the specs and I'm going to post them for you to read

olorolo

Reaction score
Bloated Sense? You must mean a stock loaded Rom or a phone with no ram because Sense by far has best looking UI of any launcher with the smoothest transitions,the best widgets and its only slow if your phone was slow to start with (your own fault) and The Bionic isn't faster I just read the specs and I'm going to post them for you to read

Processor

Most early adopters care a lot about the performance of their phone, and therefore, usually pay close attention to the processor of said device. The Droid Bionic was delayed quite a lot, so it comes with a processor that is about 6 months old. That’s quite a lot of time in the smartphone market. It has a dual core 1 Ghz OMAP 4430 from Texas Instruments that comes with a rather old GPU, the PowerVR SGX540, but with a 50% higher frequency than the one that originally came with the Hummingbird chip inside the Samsung Galaxy S.
The HTC Vigor on the other hand will come with a dual core 1.5 Ghz Qualcomm S3 chip with a Adreno 220 GPU. At first glance you’d think that Qualcomm’s chip will be 50% faster than the OMAP 4430 CPU, but it’s actually more like a 25% improvement, because the OMAP 4430 is based on Cortex A9, a fully out of order chip, while Qualcomm’s chip based on the Scorpion architecture is still mostly an in-order chip. Faster? I dont think so and now you dont either
Bionic
Resolution: 960×540 (256 PPI) Rezound Resolution: 1280×720 (342 PPI)

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
Processor

Most early adopters care a lot about the performance of their phone, and therefore, usually pay close attention to the processor of said device. The Droid Bionic was delayed quite a lot, so it comes with a processor that is about 6 months old. That’s quite a lot of time in the smartphone market. It has a dual core 1 Ghz OMAP 4430 from Texas Instruments that comes with a rather old GPU, the PowerVR SGX540, but with a 50% higher frequency than the one that originally came with the Hummingbird chip inside the Samsung Galaxy S.
The HTC Vigor on the other hand will come with a dual core 1.5 Ghz Qualcomm S3 chip with a Adreno 220 GPU. At first glance you’d think that Qualcomm’s chip will be 50% faster than the OMAP 4430 CPU, but it’s actually more like a 25% improvement, because the OMAP 4430 is based on Cortex A9, a fully out of order chip, while Qualcomm’s chip based on the Scorpion architecture is still mostly an in-order chip. Faster? I dont think so and now you dont either

The s3 is based on arm cortex a8 architecture, where the OMAP 4430 is a9. Not sure where you got that info, but the cpu in the bionic is better from a design standpoint. Not sure about the gpu. Also, the bionic is clocked at 1.2ghz when updated to ICS.

On the debate of locked bootloaders, I really could care less. With kexec, I could flash custom kernels, in addition to installing ROMs and obtaining root. The ONLY limitation of locked bootloaders at this point is flashing unsigned radios. Which really doesn't matter, since the stock radios on ICS are perfect anyway.

On a side note, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the Rezound still doesn't have s-off, meaning not truly unlocked, even though the bootloader is "technically" unlocked.

olorolo

Reaction score
The s3 is based on arm cortex a8 architecture, where the OMAP 4430 is a9. Not sure where you got that info, but the cpu in the bionic is better from a design standpoint. Not sure about the gpu. Also, the bionic is clocked at 1.2ghz when updated to ICS.

On the debate of locked bootloaders, I really could care less. With kexec, I could flash custom kernels, in addition to installing ROMs and obtaining root. The ONLY limitation of locked bootloaders at this point is flashing unsigned radios. Which really doesn't matter, since the stock radios on ICS are perfect anyway.

On a side note, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the Rezound still doesn't have s-off, meaning not truly unlocked, even though the bootloader is "technically" unlocked.

OK I will correct you there's two ways to get S-off one is the easy way HTC-Dev and the other is a custom route which has more steps but gives complete S-off with the ability to relock if you want to sell it or flash H-boots and updates so yeah thats not true.
My information comes from Android Authority I guess you know better then. http://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-droid-bionic-vs-htc-vigor-26260/

diablo81588

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, run a quadrant benchmark and post a screenshot. It probably won't be accurate because I'm sure you're not running a stock ROM, but it'll give a good comparison. And no cheating with overclocking, post a system info shot also :p

View attachment 56328
View attachment 56329

olorolo

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, run a quadrant benchmark and post a screenshot. It probably won't be accurate because I'm sure you're not running a stock ROM, but it'll give a good comparison. And no cheating with overclocking, post a system info shot also :p

View attachment 56328
View attachment 56329

Ok after work I have to get up in 5 hours. The Bionic is a decent phone no doubt but I hate Moto because of my Droid 3 and I think I will always be that way until Google fires everybody that works there but the devs