Help! I'm over my head

choppedjunk

Reaction score
OK, So my wife's friend gave her a perfectly good droidX and she in turn gave me her raggedy old Droid1 (a855). It had a dead section on the digitizer so I thought I would try to change it myself. (I like a challenge) Everything went well except the freakin screws holding the screen frame to the sliding plate were a real biatch to get out. When I finally got everything back together the screen worked great, except it always wants to be in landscape mode WTF. So I thought I might have damaged the accelerometer or whatever the hell its called. I downloaded an app to test it and it showed it to work fine. The best I can figure is there is a sensor that tells it when the keyboard is open to change to landscape mode. I must have damaged it in the process. Can this function be disabled or is there an easy fix?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it thinks the keyboard is open, there's no way to change that without a hardware fix.

OP
C

choppedjunk

Reaction score
If it thinks the keyboard is open, there's no way to change that without a hardware fix.

Well, it would be helpful if I knew what part of the phone controlled that function! Then maybe a hardware fix could be done.

OP
C

choppedjunk

Reaction score
Surely someone on this forum has taken one of these phones apart enough to know what part controls this function!

Caligula2008

Reaction score
As a sidenote, how did you get those screws out? I cannot get them to budge.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a small magnet inside the housing that controls the landscape/portrait function.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk