Help, I'm Bricked and Lost!

nhc931

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I have bricked my CDMA Droid Razr Maxx. I was rooted running the latest ICS firmware available.

I installed a Paranoid Android Rom from Project Lense's BootMenu Manager, and during the install, something messed up. The error mentioned the MD5sum, and my phone was sent into the Paranoid Android bootloop.

I booted into recovery and attempted a factory reset, and after it completed, the bootloop continued. So, I followed Droid Razr Root .com's guide to unbricking my phone, but it was not until after I attempted that I realized it was to go back to ginigerbread, which I understand is not possible. Now the phone boots to the red motorola logo.

I have researched solutions, but I don't feel comfortable trying something else without a little guidance. Any help or suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

OP
N

nhc931

Reaction score
Please try this - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html and let us know.

Also, are you getting this when you power on/reboot your phone? The A0.77 is what is important for me...

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.77

When I power on the phone it shows the red motorola logo, and that's all. If I hold down the volume up, down, and power, and then navigate to the flash mode, I get the message:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C

Do I still need to try your solution if that is what I receive?

Thanks!

CamoMike

Reaction score
When I power on the phone it shows the red motorola logo, and that's all. If I hold down the volume up, down, and power, and then navigate to the flash mode, I get the message:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C

Do I still need to try your solution if that is what I receive?

Thanks!

Yes, please run my fix as I have revised it after testing with ROOT that was just released.

That "0A.6C" means that the update didn't fully run/and/or failed because it should have been .74 or higher if you were on Ice Cream Sandwich...

Camo

OP
N

nhc931

Reaction score
Yes, please run my fix as I have revised it after testing with ROOT that was just released.

That "0A.6C" means that the update didn't fully run/and/or failed because it should have been .74 or higher if you were on Ice Cream Sandwich...

Camo

I am just about to try this, but I have to wait to download the files. To be clear, I can use this even though I was on ICS and not Jelly Bean?

Thanks,
Nick

CamoMike

Reaction score
I am just about to try this, but I have to wait to download the files. To be clear, I can use this even though I was on ICS and not Jelly Bean?

Thanks,
Nick

The fix I created is for users who came from ICS and failed on JB or for those that were on JB and killed it. So, simply, yes. You will be fine, if not, we are here.

All I did was document what I did to fix my phone to help others. I had little knowledge of this before I blew up my phone so I am doing my part.

OP
N

nhc931

Reaction score
The fix I created is for users who came from ICS and failed on JB or for those that were on JB and killed it. So, simply, yes. You will be fine, if not, we are here.

All I did was document what I did to fix my phone to help others. I had little knowledge of this before I blew up my phone so I am doing my part.

Thanks, you all are awesome. As soon as my Razr Maxx charges (I just read the fix needs to be run on battery) I'll give it a run and let you know how it goes.

Nick

CamoMike

Reaction score
Thanks, you all are awesome. As soon as my Razr Maxx charges (I just read the fix needs to be run on battery) I'll give it a run and let you know how it goes.

Nick

Nick

You can run it while charging, if your battery isn't too low. BUT, plugged into a wall, not a PC for charge. I will update my instructions.

OP
N

nhc931

Reaction score
Nick

You can run it while charging, if your battery isn't too low. BUT, plugged into a wall, not a PC for charge. I will update my instructions.

Well I stopped after step 8. My phone rebooted and seems to be working. I'm considering stopping right now and waiting for the Verizon OTA update.

If I continue with the update to Jelly Bean, what are the chances the update will screw up my phone again? It just feels great to have a working phone, so I don't particularly want to mess with anything right yet unless the chances of a positive outcome are great.

Thanks so much for your help thus far! I really do appreciate it

CamoMike

Reaction score
Well I stopped after step 8. My phone rebooted and seems to be working. I'm considering stopping right now and waiting for the Verizon OTA update.

If I continue with the update to Jelly Bean, what are the chances the update will screw up my phone again? It just feels great to have a working phone, so I don't particularly want to mess with anything right yet unless the chances of a positive outcome are great.

Thanks so much for your help thus far! I really do appreciate it

Stop wherever you want as it is your phone. I know I can brick mine and the drop of a hat and recover it with the above method. Glad that we could have helped.

OP
N

nhc931

Reaction score
Well the method worked perfectly. It seems like my problem from the beginning was just using the wrong version of Droid Razr Utility.

Thanks again for all your time and effort!

CamoMike

Reaction score
Anytime brah. Just click the like button. We are all fam here...:icon_ banana:

wildlos

Reaction score
A0.77 help

Please try this - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html and let us know.

Also, are you getting this when you power on/reboot your phone? The A0.77 is what is important for me...

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.77

I am getting the A0.77 error every time I reboot. I can bypass it but if battery dies it wont charge until I bypass the flash fail. I am on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on a droid razr maxx.
Please help me fix this as it is very annoying. I am rooted but this has been happening since before I rooted. I reinstalled the OTA jelly bean update to see if that would take care of it but no luck. Can you find me a solution?

aslandholm

Reaction score
I am also getting the A0.77 in fastboot everytime I reboot. I have to go into recovery and select Normal Powerup then it's fine so it's only a problem when I reboot. I'm on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 not rooted but I could be if that would help. I'm also looking for a solution. Thanks!