Help! I think I seriously messed up my phone!

kewtpie03

Reaction score
I bought a Droid X2 four weeks ago. Last week I dropped it face down and cracked the screen. I don't have enough money for the deductible to get a new one thru insurance so I thought I'd try to fix it myself. Big mistake! I got the new glass screen installed, but not only did I crack the LCD screen, my buttons at the bottom of the phone aren't working either. I don't know what to do now. Also during the process two of the screws were stripped so I had to pretty much rig the phone in order to get the old glass out and the new one in. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I should do?? Everyone told me not to mess with it and send it off, but I didn't listen b/c I was trying to save money........ Please help!! Any advice is appreciated!!

Heywood

Reaction score
I don't have a solution but I will bump this to get back on top for you. Good luck:)

Jonas

Reaction score
If you stripped screws, speaking from a mechanically perspective, you will need to replace them. If you cracked the new screen, you'll need to fix that also. Sometimes its better to work with a busted phone that works than a nonfunctioning phone. Best of luck on this!

Sent from my Banana Phone

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Wait so....you got the new LCD on fine but now the bottom buttons don't work?

Just call up VZW and tell them your bottom buttons stopped working ;) that should be a pretty simple swap for them.

OP
K

kewtpie03

Reaction score
The screws that were stripped were like that when I got to them. I didn't strip them. I got the new glass screen replaced but in the time of doing that I cracked the LCD screen underneath. Also, I tried using the phone last night to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. I guess I'm not very tech savy when it comes to repairs. :)

OP
K

kewtpie03

Reaction score
I got the glass screen on but cracked the LCD screen underneath while working on it somehow. Not only do the buttons not work, someone called me last night and i could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. I guess this would be a could phone to practice trying to fix until I get a new one. Back to the ol' blackberry for now. :(

Jonas

Reaction score
The screws that were stripped were like that when I got to them. I didn't strip them. I got the new glass screen replaced but in the time of doing that I cracked the LCD screen underneath. Also, I tried using the phone last night to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. I guess I'm not very tech savy when it comes to repairs. :)

I may be wrong, but if you cracked that lcd, you might need to suck it up and get that insurance deductible. Because the lcd screen is gonna run you quite a bit. How did you drop it? Because I run regularly, and drop my phone quite a bit on concrete, and haven't had a screen crack at all. Maybe I'm just lucky, or you're just unlucky. Who knows?

OP
K

kewtpie03

Reaction score
I'm probably just unluck. LOL. I was getting out of my car, which is a crossover so it sits a little higher than a car, and I normally keep it in the door handle. I opened the door and picked up the phone and it slipped out of my hand and fell face down on pavement. The pavement where I work is like the rocky pavement and it must have hit in the right spot b/c the screen was spider cracked pretty bad. I'm saving my money now for the replacement. Do you have any advice about a good case I could get for it?

Jonas

Reaction score
I'm probably just unluck. LOL. I was getting out of my car, which is a crossover so it sits a little higher than a car, and I normally keep it in the door handle. I opened the door and picked up the phone and it slipped out of my hand and fell face down on pavement. The pavement where I work is like the rocky pavement and it must have hit in the right spot b/c the screen was spider cracked pretty bad. I'm saving my money now for the replacement. Do you have any advice about a good case I could get for it?

Otterbox is a fantastic case, but you're gonna pay a good $50-$80 for it. If that's not your style, or not your budget, body glove, yes the company that makes wet suits, makes a pretty good case for around $30. The body glove one will have a rubber coating that's nice for cars, you can set it on the dash and it won't slide around. The downside to that is it grabs every bit of pocket lit in your pocket when you pull it out.

terrym041

Reaction score
lcd

I bought a new lcd on ebay for twenty five bucks for my dx i also have issues with my buttons though only the first one works so i can never get back to my home screen if you figure it out let me know