Help! I had a huge *whoops* moment

local444

Reaction score
So I was getting ready to flash a new rom, and decided to delete some un-needed files off my sdcard. Well i guesed it was a slip of hand, but somehow everything on my sd card got deleted.

I'm worried, is my Safestrap still usable?! My phone didnt crash or anything, but i'm too afraid to reboot incase safestrap cant launch and it bricks or something. Does any critical safestrap data get installed on the sdcard?! I checked the safestrap app (3.11) and it said I was installed, and I hit installed again just to be sure.

Am I safe? (no pun intended)

kenji91

Reaction score
So I was getting ready to flash a new rom, and decided to delete some un-needed files off my sdcard. Well i guesed it was a slip of hand, but somehow everything on my sd card got deleted.

I'm worried, is my Safestrap still usable?! My phone didnt crash or anything, but i'm too afraid to reboot incase safestrap cant launch and it bricks or something. Does any critical safestrap data get installed on the sdcard?! I checked the safestrap app (3.11) and it said I was installed, and I hit installed again just to be sure.

Am I safe? (no pun intended)

I can't say for sure, but I can't imagine safestrap installs to the external SD card. I've been able to boot to safestrap with NO external SD card. Just make sure it still says it's installed within the app and that you have Busybox.

outsid0r

Reaction score
i think you may not be able to change between roms stored on ur sd card is all if memory serves right.

kenji91

Reaction score
i think you may not be able to change between roms stored on ur sd card is all if memory serves right.

If the rom he's currently on is on the SD card, wouldn't the phone not function right now?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
iv been here twice....u wont be bricked if u go into recovery.
if i remember right, u can change ur boot options and there all there except ur backups.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u r on the newest safe strap its still there because its already installed.. all u deleted was the apk itself therefore all u have to is simply boot into safe strap go to mount.. then mount your SD card whole plugged into a CPU. Download ROM and gapps on cpu place them on the SD card .. once they are on the SD card unmount and install ROM and gapps from there also.. if u did not wipe your system and ROM.. phone should boot fine

GotnFX

Reaction score
If u r on the newest safe strap its still there because its already installed.. all u deleted was the apk itself therefore all u have to is simply boot into safe strap go to mount.. then mount your SD card whole plugged into a CPU. Download ROM and gapps on cpu place them on the SD card .. once they are on the SD card unmount and install ROM and gapps from there also.. if u did not wipe your system and ROM.. phone should boot fine

Question.. Safe strap is running on my maxx however I don't see it in my app drawer.. I had 3.07. How do I get it to reappear in my apps drawer in case I want to totally delete/remove safe strap? I can see all my safestrap folders in "Files" but just not the app icon itself in the app drawer? Can I just reinstall the apk? Also to update to 3.11? What's the best way?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Question.. Safe strap is running on my maxx however I don't see it in my app drawer.. I had 3.07. How do I get it to reappear in my apps drawer in case I want to totally delete/remove safe strap? I can see all my safestrap folders in "Files" but just not the app icon itself in the app drawer? Can I just reinstall the apk? Also to update to 3.11? What's the best way?

Are you on stock or are you running a ROM? You won't see the app on a ROM. Only on stock. If your on stock and you can't see the app then you should be able to just reinstall the app and open it and it should recognize that you have safestrap recovery installed. To update to 3.11 from 3.07 you should be able open the safestrap app, uninstall recovery, uninstall the app, install the new safestrap app, open it and install recovery.

Sent from my Droid 4 - LiquidSmooth

GotnFX

Reaction score
Are you on stock or are you running a ROM? You won't see the app on a ROM. Only on stock. If your on stock and you can't see the app then you should be able to just reinstall the app and open it and it should recognize that you have safestrap recovery installed. To update to 3.11 from 3.07 you should be able open the safestrap app, uninstall recovery, uninstall the app, install the new safestrap app, open it and install recovery.

Thanks! On a custom ROM right now..but want to flash another...but thanks for clarification. I am still learning. This weekend was the first time I flashed a custom on my RAZR. Again, thanks and I appreciate you responding.

GotnFX

Reaction score

Kwyrt..you seem really knowledgeable about Safestrap.. So someone in the maxx section wants to update to JB leak, but is getting the SS splash screen. He is on .211 rooted, but I don't know if he is on a Custom ROM..he can't see SS in his app drawer..but when he goes into Files he sees the SS folders...when he powers down the splash screen shows up and is disabled..is it safe to just delete the SS folder?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Kwyrt..you seem really knowledgeable about Safestrap.. So someone in the maxx section wants to update to JB leak, but is getting the SS splash screen. He is on .211 rooted, but I don't know if he is on a Custom ROM..he can't see SS in his app drawer..but when he goes into Files he sees the SS folders...when he powers down the splash screen shows up and is disabled..is it safe to just delete the SS folder?

Oh man. Quit feeding my ego. LOL

Updating to a Moto JB leak is a horse of a different color in my experience and really doesn't involve safestrap. When I updated to an ICS leak for the first time on my D4, I ended up fastbooting GB on my device to wipe out all traces of safestrap and any changes it made to my system. I guess my advice would be to fastboot ICS, then flash the leak from stock recovery. Like I said, that's what worked for me updating to an ICS leak with my D4. But I would really get some advice from someone with a Razr who's actually done it though first.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Oh man. Quit feeding my ego. LOL

Updating to a Moto JB leak is a horse of a different color in my experience and really doesn't involve safestrap. When I updated to an ICS leak for the first time on my D4, I ended up fastbooting GB on my device to wipe out all traces of safestrap and any changes it made to my system. I guess my advice would be to fastboot ICS, then flash the leak from stock recovery. Like I said, that's what worked for me updating to an ICS leak with my D4. But I would really get some advice from someone with a Razr who's actually done it though first.

Lol! All good kwyrt! Just thought I'd ask...but thanks for responding.. I am not sure if the guy did fast boot back to stock ICS...maybe this is what he needs to do..