Help! I can't unlock my phone by dragging down

collette

Reaction score
I've had my DROID ERIS HTC for a month now and all of a sudden, I can't unlock my phone by dragging down.:mad: I have to tap the menu key. What's with that? Anyone else run into this? Collette

Bobby J

Reaction score
Drag

I think everyone that was unfortunate enough to d/l the update. I didn't and I'm fine.

dro

Reaction score
Same with my girlfriends eris, just happened today. Assuming she updated

OP
C

collette

Reaction score
Great! Now what? Can we UNupdate? errrrrr

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You have to actually grab the grey bar and pull down now. You can't do it anywhere on the screen anymore

OP
C

collette

Reaction score
RE Lock screen

Thanks! Why didn't I think of that seeing as that was what I thought in the first place when it wasn't the case. errrrr My fingers are too fast and they just weren't slowing down long enough to "see" that it was the grey bar that needed to be dragged. I wonder if another update will fix that. Not a big problem but I like to just slid my finger down the screen. Oh well! Guess I got spoiled!

I love this forum! Thanks again!

xfeathersx

Reaction score
collette, maybe you should take your phone number out of your profile, just the brand or type of phone you have...;)

xfeathersx

Reaction score
If you take your battery out, then put it back in and boot it back up, you'll be able to slide your finger to unlock the phone...At least it worked for me, back to the ole way...lovin it

OP
C

collette

Reaction score
Hmm I tried rebooting mine but alas, it doesn't work for me. So sad! Maybe if I hit it? errrr Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Maybe it'll help someone else!

OP
C

collette

Reaction score
hmmmmm ok how to I get my phone number out of there? And how did it get there in the first place. I never filled out my profile. When I go to edit, phone number is not even an option. HELP!

2 hours later.......got it! No help needed. Had to click on that dang little pencil icon! errrrrr

Last edited:
OP
C

collette

Reaction score
I got it by golly! It was under ABOUT ME and I had to click the little pencil by my phone number. But how did it get there?