[HELP] How to access recovery mode Droid 2 globle

billho

Reaction score
I deleted system on recovery mode then updated Fission 2.4 rom by zip file on SD card. After reboot, my phone's stuck at the Motorola logo. Could someone please let me know what's wrong with it and guide me how to access to recovery mode as well as how to solve this issue.

Thanks

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
Are you saying that you wiped data/cache in CW/Bootstrapper and then installed a D2G-specific ROM?

Hi furbearingmammal, thanks for your quick reply. I used CW/Bootstrapper to access into recovery mode then did "format system" in "mounts and restore" and then installed a D2G-specific ROM

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to install a non D2G-specific ROM because that would cause all kinds of problems. However, formatting your system may have been a bad idea.

When you first booted into CW or Bootstrap, whichever you used, did you get a screen that looked like this?

droid2-bootsrap.jpg

If so, was there an option on the first menu you came to for a factory restore/wipe data? Probably was the 3rd option. That's the one you wanted to use.

Okay, try to boot back into recovery by doing a battery pull. First I'd suggest trying to boot into the OS to see if the pull cleared whatever logjam you had, but I doubt it's going to work. Do another battery pull. Wait 30 seconds between pulls. To get into recovery I think it's X and keep holding till recovery boots. If you can't get into recovery, get into the bootloader and tell me what it says. By formatting /system I think you're going to have to SBF. No idea WHY Koush left that in there...

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
I have still remembered that I chosen the 6th option on CM Recovery that was "mounts and storage" option.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, that was bad. If you can get into recovery again, try doing a factory reset and then reinstalling the ROM. With luck it will boot normally. If not you'll need to flash SBF.

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
When rebooting to the OS, it's stuck at the Motorola logo. I have tried to access both os and recovery but it still there. However it can be accessed into bootloader

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nice Vibrant, by the way. :)

Okay, you will HAVE to SBF the phone back to stock and start over. :( Do you know how to do that? You will need to match the numbers of your OS build to the SBF you use and flash it with a program called RSD Lite. I am heading to bed right now, however, so I cannot help you till I get some sleep. Just power the phone off and leave it alone if you do not trust yourself to flash the files without direction. Someone may come along and help you out before I can, though. :) Good luck!

wilboy

Reaction score
Do we have a leaked SBF for Droid2 Global now?

CellZealot

Reaction score
No "we" don't have an SBF file released for the D2G yet.
The OP was probably instructed to mount and format system by Angdroid.
It is definitely dangerous without an SBF file to recover with in the event of a problem.

If you cant get it to boot into recovery by holding the X key and power then you may have to return it to VZW.

wilboy

Reaction score
It is definitely dangerous without an SBF file to recover with in the event of a problem.

If you cant get it to boot into recovery by holding the X key and power then you may have to return it to VZW.

To what i understand to Angdroid' post was to "mount" system and data..and wipe cache/data(an optional) but not to format the system for Manual Installation....Another one is for Fission Rom Manager Installation.:)

OP
B

billho

Reaction score

Yes, my phone can get something by pressing and holding the X key and power. There are a triangle with a exclamation mark inside and a android symbol. Could you please advise me how to do with it. Thanks.

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
Nice Vibrant, by the way. :)

Okay, you will HAVE to SBF the phone back to stock and start over. :( Do you know how to do that? You will need to match the numbers of your OS build to the SBF you use and flash it with a program called RSD Lite. I am heading to bed right now, however, so I cannot help you till I get some sleep. Just power the phone off and leave it alone if you do not trust yourself to flash the files without direction. Someone may come along and help you out before I can, though. :) Good luck!

Actual I am a newbie of android world but I really want to discover the OS and their functions. The term as SBF or RSD are too unfamiliar with me. I am waiting your help. Hope you have a nice sleep. Thanks.

wilboy

Reaction score

Yes, my phone can get something by pressing and holding the X key and power. There are a triangle with a exclamation mark inside and a android symbol. Could you please advise me how to do with it. Thanks.

If you see the triangle w/ a exclamation mark press the "search" button(magnifying glass).
I hope you have had that working ROM in the form of Zip in the root of your sdcard (update.zip).

OP
B

billho

Reaction score
If you see the triangle w/ a exclamation mark press the "search" button(magnifying glass).
I hope you have had that working ROM in the form of Zip in the root of your sdcard (update.zip).
So wonderful that it works. And could you please give me one more favor that where I can get the update.zip rom for D2G. I have updated with Fission's Rom (rename as update.zip) but after all it still be stuck at motorola logo when the phone booting.