HELP!!!!!!! Having Rooting Issues

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The 3rd link in my signature covers pretty much all there is to know about rsd lite, and that thread covers a lot of issues folks have had.

The part of putting it on the root of the C drive is in there, but that was a solution that worked for folks who selected the SBF file and the start button remained grayed out. Coincidence or not, putting the SBF file on the root of their C drive made the start button selectable for them. Just let RSD Lite install where it wants to.

You did install the drivers though, right? You can't install the wrong ones, but do have to install the right ones :)

RSD installed, drivers installed, SBF file downloaded and selected, start button goes. Fail. Sometimes it says it failed when it really didn't. Some posters do this 3-4 times, then reboot to see if SPRecovery is installed or not. Some give up and move onto another computer and it works fine there. A low battery probably wouldn't give an error but I would never flash a rom without having at least 80% battery charged, just to be safe. Many have gotten stuck in bootloops and panicked until their phone was on the charger long enough to fully boot up again.

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Yea, I installed the 64 bit driver and it just keep telling me that it failed trying to flash the recovery to my phone..... And I tried this morning right after I took my phone of the charger and it had a 100% battery charge and it still did the same thing.... I dont understand what I could be doing wrong

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea, I installed the 64 bit driver and it just keep telling me that it failed trying to flash the recovery to my phone..... And I tried this morning right after I took my phone of the charger and it had a 100% battery charge and it still did the same thing.... I dont understand what I could be doing wrong

Re-download the SPRecovery SBF again from a different source. There is a link to a copy in that first post that I've personally used. Maybe something odd happened to the one you grabbed in transit. Is there another computer you can use if that doesn't work?

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score

Re-download the SPRecovery SBF again from a different source. There is a link to a copy in that first post that I've personally used. Maybe something odd happened to the one you grabbed in transit. Is there another computer you can use if that doesn't work?

Naw, not right now my laptop is messed up and Im using my girlfriend's laptop

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
The link in ur post I downloaded and tried again and I also checked the First Come First Serve option under DeviceID and it still failed

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The link in ur post I downloaded and tried again and I also checked the First Come First Serve option under DeviceID and it still failed

You're doing it all right, not sure what's up with the laptop. If you get near another pc, give it a shot. do a boot-X to make sure it didn't install too, even though it says it failed.

indefactorX

Reaction score
I had this same issue, running win 7 64 I found that the flash file need to be in the root directory of the C drive for it to recognize the file, but even after that I would get an error... I then proceeded to load up the software on my wifes laptop running win 7 32bit and magically IT WORKED...although I am still puzzled as to why it didn't run on my 64 bit machine, apparently a lot of people on other forums are having a similar problem with Win7 64bit

hope this helps somewhat