Help! Gremlins control my Maxx!

Raven1155

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest how I can find our WHY my phone ends up on Vibrate when I have not touched the volume controls nor changed the "Vibrate and Ring" checkbox in Sound settings?!?!

I have nothing running, that I can find, that would change my sound settings, so WTF?

Thanks in advance!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could you be using smart actions or have a profile set to switch to vibrate at a certain time?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
hold down the power button until the phone options box appears, make sure the sound icon is on and not the vibrate icon.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
sherri said:
Could you be using smart actions or have a profile set to switch to vibrate at a certain time?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Thought of that. I don't like Smart Actions, so I deleted all its profiles and then de-activated the app, so it SHOULDN'T be the culprit.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
lloydstrans said:
hold down the power button until the phone options box appears, make sure the sound icon is on and not the vibrate icon.

Thanks, but that doesn't explain how it's SETTING ITSELF to vibrate!

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
Hey, just to wrap this up...

I think I've found the source of the problem! Though it did not, for some reason, show up as a Running app under Settings, I saw in an Android Info app that the app Timerific was running!

If you don't know, Timerific allows one to control Android settings based on time. I used it before I made the move to Llama, which is similar to Timerific and Smart Actions, but far more flexible than either.

Anyway, Timerific had re-installed after I did a Factory Reset, with a set of default actions. These included going to Vibrate at certain times.

I really appreciate your assistance. The fact that the only real suggestion that fit my "symptoms" was Smart Actions, or something like it, made me dig deeper and find the older app that I didn't realize was back on my phone! My Maxx >seems< to be working the way I want it to now!!