Help getting POP3 email

rschiller

Reaction score
I know there is a solution out there, just having trouble figuring it out. My work POP3 email is working with my Droid. However, most emails are being downloaded by Outlook and the Droid never receives them I am not concerned about syncing or having to delete the same emails twice. I just want to get all my emails on the Droid and my desktop. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Well,

its a simple deal. If a mail is downloaded by outlook and you read it, the pop server marks it as read. So the doid is not aknowledging that there is a NEW mail. But at least it should download te read mail anyways.

Wich mail program are you using? Stock? What settings is the account running on?

Tigger

OP
R

rschiller

Reaction score
I am using the stock email. Basically, I usually have my outlook running on my computer, but want to see the emails when I am away from my desk. The Droid is not downloading the email even if they are unread on Outlook. I have the Droid set to check email every 10 minutes.

OP
R

rschiller

Reaction score
It is my company email, rhlcusa.com. Incoming rhlcusa.com , port 110, security type none, and never delete from server. Outgoing mail.rhlcusa.com, port 25, security type none. I get some emails, but the majority are not received on Droid. Thank you for your help.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
But your Company should be exchange not POP....

that only SOME mails are received on the droid is making it complicated.

Please send an email to the account and wait at least 30 Minutes. If the droid received it, then its the outlook problem i described earlier. If not, settings are wrong

Tigger

OP
R

rschiller

Reaction score
It is a small company and it is POP, there is no exchange server. I believe the problem is that Outlook is grabbing it before the Droid can. I tried telling the Droid to check more often and Outlook to check less often, but still missing emails. I get all my emails on Outlook, but only a few on Droid. I know the email is not push, but there has to be a work around or an app to accomplish what I am looking for here.

OP
R

rschiller

Reaction score
After using k9 today, it is definitely better. Only bug with it is k9 thinks i have 2 emails every time there is a new notification. So if I have 2 email it says I have 4. Hopefully goes away on its own, but at least I am getting my mail. Thanks again.

JGH

Reaction score
Let us know how it works out as you use it...I too have that problem....POP3 for my company, no exchange server and like to see that I have email on phone...I leave my computer on at the office when I'm on the road and I miss a LOT of emails....also, still frustrated with lack of synch oncontacts and tasks...but living with it so far.

RolandGammon

Reaction score
pop server issues

I may be jumping in to this late, but I continue to have problems with Outlook emails coming over to my Droid from a POP server at my small office set up. They eventually find their way to my Droid but it may sometimes take hours for this to happen. The Verizon store tells me a fix is on the way...but when? The only solution that sometime works is to take the battery out of the Droid to urge it to pull in the emails. This is not always a sure thing. When timely receipt is crucial to me, this is a huge problem that frustrates me greatly about a device that I otherwise am quite pleased with.

Were there any good suggestions for this problem? Thanks.

mjs31

Reaction score
I may be jumping in to this late, but I continue to have problems with Outlook emails coming over to my Droid from a POP server at my small office set up. They eventually find their way to my Droid but it may sometimes take hours for this to happen. The Verizon store tells me a fix is on the way...but when? The only solution that sometime works is to take the battery out of the Droid to urge it to pull in the emails. This is not always a sure thing. When timely receipt is crucial to me, this is a huge problem that frustrates me greatly about a device that I otherwise am quite pleased with.

Were there any good suggestions for this problem? Thanks.

Definately not a fix, but I just setup my google account to also get my regular pop3 email. Anything that comes to my regular email gets routed to my gmail acount and on to my Droid. I use K-9 so now all my email will just come to it.

Still love the fact that my work uses Exchange email and Touchdown exists. Just love that app!!!