Help getting POP3 email

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I may be jumping in to this late, but I continue to have problems with Outlook emails coming over to my Droid from a POP server at my small office set up. They eventually find their way to my Droid but it may sometimes take hours for this to happen. The Verizon store tells me a fix is on the way...but when? The only solution that sometime works is to take the battery out of the Droid to urge it to pull in the emails. This is not always a sure thing. When timely receipt is crucial to me, this is a huge problem that frustrates me greatly about a device that I otherwise am quite pleased with.

Were there any good suggestions for this problem? Thanks.
The problem is that "Outlook" doesn't really help at all with troubleshooting. Outlook is a mail client that supports many different types of email accounts. You really need to let us know what type of mail server/account: Exchange? POP? IMAP? Something else? The Droid interacts with your mail server, not your mail client. I suggest starting a new thread since it's really an entirely different issue.

Ok modifying my first response. I see he had outlook marked to leave mail on server. I will leave this link in case someone does not know they need to have this checked.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx
The thread is pretty old. It did sound like Outlook wasn't leaving mail on the POP server (Droid can pull mail that isn't there) to me but, as you said, hopefully someone else will find this info useful.

Last edited:

RolandGammon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did set up my business Outlook account to automatically forward all emails to my GMail account which worked flawlessly on the Droid. Problem then was a huge amount of duplicity of sent and received emails in both accounts that were a hassle to manage.

My Verizon store has a tech who tells me he is very familiar with the problem and he believes 2.1 will provide a remedy.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have had several of the issues described here. I use a pop3 Outlook on a laptop as I am always on the road. I switched to K-9 mail which was a light years of improvement over the stock app. My Droid gets the email before my laptop. I have found that even if I do not open the email on my laptop, if the laptop was up and running Outlook, the mail appears on the Droid with notification, and then disappears. (It knows it is on my laptop, I guess?!?!?) If I am on the run (Outlook open, but laptop sleeping) I get all of the emails on Droid so I never miss a thing. When I wake up the laptop, all emails download there. Those with desktops may need to shut down Outlook (? not sure, just a thought?) when you know you will be away?