Help - from droid to car stereo

JasmineO2007

Reaction score
dancedroidI have a quick question ..... I just got the droid about a month ago and I copied songs from my computer to my droid (Music Player) and I also downloaded an app on my droid that lets me download music to my droid as well. NOw this is my question .... y is it when I hook my droid up to my car stereo does only my music that i downloaded from my computer only play and not the ones I downloaded from my app????

debdroid1a

Reaction score
More info might be helpful...

What app did you use to download music?
What are you using to play the music in your car?
Did you have to go to that app to play it? Try that.
Is this app you downloaded to download music like Rhapsody where you can dowload music but you don't "own" it? Maybe that's why.
Is it protected music you downloaded?

OP
JasmineO2007

JasmineO2007

Reaction score
Help

More info might be helpful...

What app did you use to download music?
What are you using to play the music in your car?
Did you have to go to that app to play it? Try that.
Is this app you downloaded to download music like Rhapsody where you can dowload music but you don't "own" it? Maybe that's why.
Is it protected music you downloaded?

No, I didnt have to to the app to play my music I downloaded from the app ....... I went to a Icon that says MUSIC on my screen .... all my music is combined in alpha order such as computer and droid music.
And Im not quit sure if that app is like Rhapsody ..... May be you can check it out for me ........ Please help I want to play my music in my car!

mtskullz

Reaction score
The music is probably located in 2 different directories.

ShellyDirects

Reaction score
I have Rhapsody, and I connect my Droid to my car stereo with a cord (from the earphone jack on the phone, to an aux input on the front of my car stereo).

The subscription music plays fine this way. It's actually quite good. Yes, at this point it's only streaming (not stored on the phone), but it gives you access to 9 million songs - anytime, anywhere! On demand!

I'll wait the few seconds for the stream to get going, since I can listen to anything I can think of, anytime!

noisufnoc

Reaction score
I use pandora via bluetooth audio on my car stereo. No issues.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
all my music is combined in alpha order such as computer and droid music.

The music is probably located in 2 different directories.

This sounds right (I'm not sure, but this is probably the case). You can check through Astro app or you can hook your phone up to your computer and "mount" the usb. Then see where the music is. If you have to, make a folder called Music and drag and drop it all there.

Although I have 2 folders... I have one called My_Music (transfered from my Env2) and one called Music. I'm not sure about my car stere as I haven't tried it too much, but when I play at work, plugged into an outlet, it plays from both as I just checked to see if I had 2 folders.

Does it play all the music from either the outlet plug or just by itself? Maybe shuffle and see if it does... or doesn't...

Or maybe it's the app itself. Have you tried the preinstalled music app or another one?

PhoenixAmazon

Reaction score
If your car audio has a USB port then you can use your data/charging cable. Plug it in normally then it will read any audio data on your phone like a mini hard drive.