Help finding imported video on computer??

Reaction score
I just started to make videos for my business and wanted to make one with video footage instead of just pictures. I synced all the videos to the computer(Motorola Media Link), but cant find them to convert the files (Rad Video tools). Please someone help!

baniels

Reaction score
I would start by looking in the settings of your sync software. I'm sure there is a place where you can change the directory for synced media. Find that and you will find the current location.

Or just search for it.

You know you can just mount the SD card and grab files off you Droid, right? No need to use Media Link.

I just started to make videos for my business and wanted to make one with video footage instead of just pictures. I synced all the videos to the computer(Motorola Media Link), but cant find them to convert the files (Rad Video tools). Please someone help!

OP
D
Reaction score
It should go to "my videos" folder, but when I go to that folder in Rad Video Tools, I can't find them...

I would start by looking in the settings of your sync software. I'm sure there is a place where you can change the directory for synced media. Find that and you will find the current location.

Or just search for it.

You know you can just mount the SD card and grab files off you Droid, right? No need to use Media Link.

baniels

Reaction score
Have you browsed to that folder in Windows to see that it is there? If it is there, and your program can't see it, then it might not be a supported video format.

OP
D
Reaction score
yeah man, I browsed for the files under "all files" and still wasn't there...

Have you browsed to that folder in Windows to see that it is there? If it is there, and your program can't see it, then it might not be a supported video format.

baniels

Reaction score
Is the video still on your Droid?

If so, plug it in. Don't open that media syn program. Mount the SD card. Open the drive on your computer and browse for the file. Drag and drop it onto your desktop.

Or call the Geek Squad.

OP
D
Reaction score
I found away through Window Live Photo Gallery. Thanks for the help!

Is the video still on your Droid?

If so, plug it in. Don't open that media syn program. Mount the SD card. Open the drive on your computer and browse for the file. Drag and drop it onto your desktop.

Or call the Geek Squad.

OP
D
Reaction score
Here is the video I made,

[video=youtube;efKthSZIX3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKthSZIX3U]YouTube - DooberDobbers Customs 2nd video[/video]

D

dvdcatalyst

Video quality is great, nice job editting. (I did notice some sync issues in the last interview).

You can see the quality of your work pretty good though, nice :)

Must be fun to play with those rides.

If you are using your vids for advertising, I would suggest to look into trying to make the volume of the interviews the same as the music. I had to crank up my volume to be able to hear them, and when the interview was over, the music went back to extremely loud.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks man, all the footage came from my Motorola Droid. Those were my first 2 movies, still new to the movie making thing. Is there a way to turn up the interview volume? Thanks

Video quality is great, nice job editting. (I did notice some sync issues in the last interview).

You can see the quality of your work pretty good though, nice :)

Must be fun to play with those rides.

If you are using your vids for advertising, I would suggest to look into trying to make the volume of the interviews the same as the music. I had to crank up my volume to be able to hear them, and when the interview was over, the music went back to extremely loud.

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks man, all the footage came from my Motorola Droid. Those were my first 2 movies, still new to the movie making thing. Is there a way to turn up the interview volume? Thanks

Sure.

I'm impressed by the quality of the video.

For the interview volume, I would look into the sync issue first. I'm not sure if it was because it was on youtube, or if your source (the file you uploaded) has the issue as well. Especially if you are going to use it for your marketing, you want that to match.

For the volume part, it depends on the program you use for editting. If you are going to use it a lot for business purposes, you might want to skip the free apps, and have a look at Adobe Premiere Elements ($100 or so)