HELP!! Droid wont charge and bootlooping

jkeyz

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to this forum and i searched about my problem but found some answers i dont understand, sorry for my noobness lol.

Here is my problem: I have a motorola droid which is almost two years old now. the battery began to swell and got big enough to the point where I couldnt put the battery cover on. Also the battery lasted like 2 hours. So I got a new battery and things have been great for a week. Then the phone started freezing alotttt. I would wait for it to unfreeze (about 2 mins later) and avoided pulling the battery. Now all of a sudden the battery will not charge at all. The phone boots up and I can use it for a minute, it shows charging (never goes past 5%), but after that minute the phone restarts again and does this constantly even when I just leave it on the charger. I lost my original charger and have been using an htc one from i think the htc rhyme.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I went to verizon and they said there is nothing i can do except wait for my upgrade. I tried to be as detailed as possible also the phone has never been rooted. Please be as simple as you can and step by step, i know nothing about phones or the lingo lol, sorry in advance. Thanks all!