Help! Droid incredible in boot loop

stepp24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
my mom has a droid incredible. she emails me saying it just keeps rebooting.
I got the phone from her and can not get it to stop. The phone has never been rooted. After a battery pull it will sit there with the red notification light on. if i try to power it on it goes into the loop.
any ideas?

comk4ver

Reaction score
She probably tried to do an update on a low battery and it was half way there. Did you try pulling the sd card? Try that... are there any sbf files for your phone? Idk cause I'm a moto droid so I wouldn't know...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

stepp24

Reaction score
I pulled SD card same thing. I tried booting while charing. I dont think they have updated the incredible in a while. ill check the sd card and see whats there when I get a chance

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Just do a factory restore and be done with it.

Hopefully she has a Google Acct and has all her contact info sync'd so she can retrieve that info after resetting. This should leave any info on the SD card untouched, so you're safe there.

Pull battery so the phone will be completely off with no rebooting.
Hold the "Volume Down" button down and then press power. Once the screen loads you'll see a white screen with print and some options. Choose Factory Reset and just follow the self-explanatory steps.

Once the process is finished the phone should look like it did when you first bought it. Enter in all your Google Acct info, get it all resync'd, then hop on your PC/Mac/Linux box. Now you can go to the Android Market, log her into her Google Acct, and click the "My Market Account" link at the top. That will give you a list of her most recently installed apps (including purchased apps...you don't have to re-buy them). Once there, start clicking on the Apps you want to reinstall and choose the "Install" option. If it says "INSTALLED" click it anyway to re-install it. If she is logged into her Google Acct on the phone, then her DInc will start downloading the app without her having to do all the searching on the phone itself. Save ya about 2hrs of searching.

Good luck, li'l homie!

OP
S

stepp24

Reaction score
did the factory reset all is good thanks guys

MusicLuvaMEG

Reaction score
DInc's BOOT LOOP of DEATH SUCKS & I'VE HAD IT!!!!!

doing a factory reset isn't doing jack anything. it's
just resetting your phone so that you lose everything and have to do everything over that just took a month or more to set up and once again by the time you finish setting this one up it will crap out again just like it did before and then you have to go through the same bs again!!!! i've gone through it 3 times now and i'm done.:icon_cussing: i don't have the time or patience to deal with this every couple months and no matter what i try to do i still seem to end up losing things. maybe if i had someone that knew ANYTHING about these phones they could show me what to do and then i wouldn't lose my stuff and it would be easy but there's nobody around here that knows how to even pick their noses let alone fix phones/computers!!! :r_c:it really sucks and verizon needs to do something for me:icon_ deal: other than trying to give me another one of these POS phones!!!:icon_ nono: cuz i hate it & that's not gonna solve the problem!!!!!:icon_evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
doing a factory reset isn't doing jack anything. it's just resetting your phone so that you lose everything and have to do everything over that just took a month or more to set up and once again by the time you finish setting this one up it will crap out again just like it did before and then you have to go through the same bs again!!!! i've gone through it 3 times now and i'm done.:icon_cussing: i don't have the time or patience to deal with this every couple months and no matter what i try to do i still seem to end up losing things. maybe if i had someone that knew ANYTHING about these phones they could show me what to do and then i wouldn't lose my stuff and it would be easy but there's nobody around here that knows how to even pick their noses let alone fix phones/computers!!! :r_c:it really sucks and verizon needs to do something for me:icon_ deal: other than trying to give me another one of these POS phones!!!:icon_ nono: cuz i hate it & that's not gonna solve the problem!!!!!:icon_evil:

Why not just get the phone replaced??? Why does it have to be a pos phone :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
doing a factory reset isn't doing jack anything. it's just resetting your phone so that you lose everything and have to do everything over that just took a month or more to set up and once again by the time you finish setting this one up it will crap out again just like it did before and then you have to go through the same bs again!!!! i've gone through it 3 times now and i'm done.:icon_cussing: i don't have the time or patience to deal with this every couple months and no matter what i try to do i still seem to end up losing things. maybe if i had someone that knew ANYTHING about these phones they could show me what to do and then i wouldn't lose my stuff and it would be easy but there's nobody around here that knows how to even pick their noses let alone fix phones/computers!!! :r_c:it really sucks and verizon needs to do something for me:icon_ deal: other than trying to give me another one of these POS phones!!!:icon_ nono: cuz i hate it & that's not gonna solve the problem!!!!!:icon_evil:

Why not just get the phone replaced??? Why does it have to be a pos phone :rolleyes:

Because just like so many others before him he can't figure out how to use his Incredible so he registers here to gripe and complain. He has no interest I'n figuring out what's wrong with the phone or more likely why he is making user errors. He just wants to complain.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Because just like so many others before him he can't figure out how to use his Incredible so he registers here to gripe and complain. He has no interest I'n figuring out what's wrong with the phone or more likely why he is making user errors. He just wants to complain.

+1 but you're supposed to say.....

Reaction score

+1 but you're supposed to say.....

+1 Lmao :D

david14807

Reaction score

Hey Verizon cry baby go get yourself an iPhone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I realize I started it…..Let's back off, my bad.

MusicLuvaMEG

Reaction score

first of all, i'm a girl. i don't know many guys with the name MEG. second....please don't speak for me. you don't even know me. this is the first time i've ever posted on a forum thing cuz i hate them and i hate them for this exact reason. all people do is attack each other and go completely off subject & it's ridiculous! if i wanted to just complain i wouldn't be doing it here. i have better things to do than sit around posting on forums and searching for places to complain. i have a life. that's the prob. i don't want to keep wasting time that i need for other things so that i can set up my phone over and over and over when i shouldn't have to.

i'm here to try to find a solution and all i'm finding are more people with the same problems as me. so i know it's not just me. there are obviously a lot of bugs with this phone and almost all of them are crap. yea, their may be a small few that actually work right. i don't know. if their are then those people are extremely lucky. i'm on my third phone that has broken for no reason and i don't have time to keep starting over just so the same thing can happen again a few months later. plus if you're so smart then why don't you give me a solution that actually works??? don't just say get a new phone/factory reset cuz that does nothing to help me. it seems to me that you're the one that's here to complain cuz all you did was complain about me and try to act superior to me. you didn't offer any advice or any comments that had to do with the phone at all. as soon as i find a solution or some help i'll never be on here again cuz i have better things to do. i'm only commenting now cuz i'm still lookin for a solution & i don't appreciate being attacked or having someone that doesn't know me and thinks i'm a guy speak for me. i've spent too much time already writing this and that's time i'll never get back. i would appreciate it if u offered ur help and not ur snarky comments. thanks. :sad:

MusicLuvaMEG

Reaction score

oh and sorry. i wasn't saying that the people on here didn't have a clue and couldn't help me. i was referring verizon and htc and my stores/people around where i live. i wasn't insulting anyone on here. i've just had it with verizon not ever knowing how to fix anything or help me out. if anyone on here can help me i'd greatly appreciate it. right before it died it went all crazy and everything started force closing and then i turned it off. pulled battery. restarted and same thing. so i turned it off again and now it's stuck in a boot loop. this has happened to me several times. this isn't the first phone. basically the same thing happened last time. i also had almost every other bug that people are complaining about too. so if anyone knows any way to help other than doing a factory reset that would be so great. please let me know if you can help. thanks! & sorry if you thought i was attacking the people on here. i def wasn't. i'm just beyond frustrated that this keeps happenning and the companies that made it and sold it to me don't care.