HELP: Droid eye is on and won't shut off

accessdeniedx2

Reaction score
Earlier today, I was out and my phone died. No big deal. I forgot to charge it before I left.... I get home, attach it to the house charger and normally it shows the droid logo, the red eye pulses a bit and then it turns on and I'm happy.

Today I plug it in and it freezes up at the pulsing red eye. It has been like this for a couple hours now. I've taken the battery out and it continues to do the same thing. Nothing function while it's frozen up like that. The only way I can even shut it off is by taking the battery out again.

Does anyone know whats going on with it? Please help......

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the charger that came with the phone, chances are your battery is so drained it cannot boot up to gain a sufficient charge, if you know anyone else with the same device you could try their battery in your phone to confirm this, they make battery chargers that charge your battery while not in the phone which might help, if your phone is stock you could probably take it to VZW and they could put a charge on your battery for you to get you going, it is possible the battery needs replaced or is defective

OP
A

accessdeniedx2

Reaction score
no, I don't know what happened. I let it charge for about half hour and it will stay on the pulsing eye for awhile and it died again.

I read how to reset the phone to factory settings, had to program it again like when I first bought it and plugged it in and it works perfectly.

I just hated having to delete all my applications and everything. At least my contacts and pictures are still there.