Help! Can't establish reliable data connection...

Droidfish

Reaction score
Sorry if this is winded just want to give as much info as possible.

This is how I got to this point:

Last night I successfully updated to Blackdroids latest rom release Ultimate Droid 9.0.0, via rom manager, update.zip method(after wiping data and cache). Everything worked nicely.

THEN I updated the baseband via Bear in NM's link to alldroid, flashed update in clockwork and again everything worked nicely.

This morning I noticed some apps I restored via titanium weren't working, the icons were the default android icon indicating the apps were gone. This has happened before so I went into app manager and completely uninstalled these apps and went to the market to redownload them.

When I opened the market and tried to donwload the missing apps I got an exclamation point error in notifications saying that the app didn't download. After trying several apps I realized that the market wouldn't download anything. After rebooting and trying a couple times I decided to flash sprecovery instead of clockwork. Then I wiped data and cache a couple times, reflashed Ultimate Droid via update.zip.

Now my phone can't connect to google servers during initial setup.

I get this message: Can't establish a reliable data connectionto the server.

also I don't have access to wifi :(

OP
Droidfish

Droidfish

Reaction score
Bump, anybody?

I have access to WIFI now

Edit: Tried again thru wifi and still can't establish connection

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm glad you got it fixed, we have another person with the same problem and it involves UD 9.0 as well. If you can report this to Blackdroid so he can look into a possible bug?

OP
Droidfish

Droidfish

Reaction score
Sorry if that was taking care of prior to my thread, I searched without any luck so decided to thread.

I'll repost the issue with Blackdroid, right now.

Thanks, keep up the good work

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok I think it may be a rom manager/clockwork issue as I've now seen some running cyanogen with the same problem. I pm'd koush letting him know and maybe he has a solution.