help! can't boot into recovery

qwerty04

Reaction score
i am running BB V0.1 and use clockwork. i can not boot into recovery. i hold down x and the power button and it just stays stuck at M. can someone please help me out.

treydawg

Reaction score
i am running BB V0.1 and use clockwork. i can not boot into recovery. i hold down x and the power button and it just stays stuck at M. can someone please help me out.

I have the same issue. Can't get to recovery from ROM Manager either. Not sure what to do at this point.

OP
Q

qwerty04

Reaction score
i think i figured it out. you have to update rom manager

Luxferro

Reaction score
If u can't get into recovery it means it got screwed up. Reflash it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Open Rom Manager and reflash Clockwork and then flash Sprecovery and then reflash Clockwork, if that is the one you want to use. If not, leave it on sprecovery.

I've had this issue a few times and this procedure fixed it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
May I suggest that you keep SPRecovery, the alternate recovery option in Rom Manager, flashed.

Currently, it seems that RM and ClockWork are encountering problems.

Just my opinion!

Mike

mmobley

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+ 1 For getting stuck. Just reflashed clockwork and got to the recovery screen no problem. Good thinking guys.

Soullous

Reaction score
I've got an even bigger problem. Not only can I not get into recovery, but when I tried to do a restore from the Backup for Root users app, it completely hosed my system. I can't boot the phone up at all. If I try to boot into recovery I get stuck at the M. If I try to boot the phone up normally, I get stuck at the eye. adb seems to work while it's stuck on the eye, but I don't know what I can do from here. Does anybody know how I can fix this, or am I completely screwed?

Soullous

Reaction score
I think it was around 40% when I flashed it. It flashed fine, though. It was after I tried to restore some apps and settings and stuff that I had a problem.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
i had the same problem...RM wouldn't run cm recovery. i kept getting different messages like: cm recov. broke, msg to email koush to fix bug, u need to install newer version..and sd card has no room..stuff like that. when i pressed x during power up my droid rebooted but not into recovery.. So, I tried spf recovery method in RM..the first 2 or 3 times it said there was an error, i then tried fix permissions, it also could not complete due to errors.. then i went out of rom mnger and back in and ran cm recovery and then I got the prompt to select cdma and it finally worked. powered off and rebooted into recovery mode no prob! I guess CM is acting a little wacky?? btw i have no data connection or wifi WTFFFFFFFFFFF?!!?

Last edited:

hamitup

Reaction score
I have only read the first page but if someone has already given this info in the thread i'm sorry. If you can't reboot onto rocovery flash it in SPRecovery 0.99.3b then just reflash back into clockworkmod. You should be ok then...good luck