!HELP!Broken DROID, need file

Brian_Rohan

Reaction score
My wife picked up her rooted DROID after dropping it and it does not work (won't turn on, nothing on the screen). When I connect it via usb to my laptop, and type in adb devices, her serial number comes up.

Just before she dropped the phone and killed it, she had received a text message that we need to get back. Where does the DROID store the text messages. We actually only need to get the number the text came from, how can we get that file or info off of the phone via the USB connected to my laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help!

skagmire

Reaction score
You can log into verizonwireless.com and view the number that you sent the message. You just can't view the actual message.

forkup

Reaction score
If you have access via adb why not run a nandroid backup then once you get the phone replaced restore the backup.

OP
B

Brian_Rohan

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, we are not able to see the number on verizonwireless yet, but we see others from the day before, we will wait. I looked up nandroid on google, and came across a site that had some instructions, but I am not that knowledgable yet to do them, can you direct me to a better site for nandroid. I do have busybix installed on my droid not my wife's yet.