Help! Bricked!

Insidious

Reaction score
So I went to install cleanics 2.0. I wiped data and dalvik, installed .zip, it said rebooting to install kernel and it said something like couldnt flash and itll say cant load recovery after its loaded for a few seconds and itll say press power to reboot. I tried pushing the PH98IMG.zip through cmd and no dice. Really need help here.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flash with the new RUU and start over

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's like HTC's version of the SBF/RSDLite all in one file. Download the executable, run it, follow the instructions, and return your phone to a new-in-box state.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the version that shipped with the phone -- It'll work if you want to download the OTA update manually. 3/4 days ago, a version was released that includes the OTA update -- I want to say it's version 2.01something.

If you're playing with the ROMs after you unbrick, then that'll work just fine for you.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you installed an ICS rom the stock ruu might fail. If the mainver file was upated to an ICS version number you will have to use another trick to get back to stock.

[GUIDE] Fix Mainver Error - xda-developers easy as pie and works well. Set your mainver back to 1.00.000.00 and you can use any Ruu you want after that. It took me for ever to finally get my Rezound straight away after a flash of Bamf cubed updated my mainver.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Thanks for informing of this!

Edit: If I'm bricked how will this work?

Last edited:
OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Okay need more help, RUU wont recognize my phone because it doesnt boot, its got a white screen of death. PH98img.zip from a gb rom on my sd card and erase the ICS one, and then try to fix the mainver issue?

Edit: I have my sd on my computer can I drop the boot.img from my nandroid into the file and delete the ICS one? or should i download the rom i was flashing, pull out the boot.img and replace the one that it was trying to flash (which is the same one buy idk).

edit edit: there might be a chance that I blew out the recovery because itll boot into it, try to flash the kernel, fail and then itll just stick and say hit power to reboot. Anyone? Im getting frantic!

Last edited:
OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Think I have success! I pulled the entire kernel off of the sd card so it wouldnt try to update, was able to boot into amon ra and I'm restoring my nandroid right now!

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Its booting :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hmmmm. another problem now. It boots and then after about 20 seconds it reboots and spazzes out, it did that twice. Now everything is fine but I'm not getting any data.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. another problem now. It boots and then after about 20 seconds it reboots and spazzes out, it did that twice. Now everything is fine but I'm not getting any data.

Stupid question, but is the mobile network turned on? Check the pulldown and quick settings tab.