help: backlight wont turn on :/

ekilcoin

Reaction score
Hey there, Sophie here...

So I was just on the internet when my phone just turned black.. the backlights were on.. so I hit the power button to turn on the screen and it shut of.

When I turned it back on the baxklight no longer worked.. not even on the front where the home, menu, back, and search buttons are. :/

Anyone experience this? Advice? I've shut t off.. taken the battery out... to no avail.

miller.kevan

Reaction score
I am haveing the same issue started to today any one with help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware issue to me. If not rooted, you should still be under warranty; if rooted, file an insurance claim (if you have insurance).

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

miller.kevan

Reaction score
so my phone is acting wierd too now.. the "touch" buttons on the front turn on and off now. and i have no network connection unless i am on wifi and even then its spotty. i can't get the market to load or and of the droid forums on my phone. i am thinking about restoring my phone but i want to know if i will be able to get all my apps back after

phillips211

Reaction score
I have figured it out, long story short, you will need to replace the lcd screen. Your backlight has burnt out do to some reason. Mine burnt out when dropped in some water, make the mistake of trying to turn the phone back on right after it happen which i think burnt out the backlights. This is going to cost you about $60 to replace on ebay, make sure you get a screen that comes with the right tools or you wont be able to take phone apart. Once you have received the new lcd just look up on google how to take the phone apart and replace.