Dropped phone - Screen black & flashing

Chipnyu

Reaction score
Earlier today my phone fell onto a carpet - and when I went to check the phone, it was still on, but the screen was completely black even if I hit the power button. The screen occasionally flashed, as if the backlight was trying to turn on, but only for a second.

Even I boot, the screen is black BUT the backlight is on then. There is NO boot logo. There is no bootloader even if I hold X.

It's just a black screen.

Is there anything I can do?

notthatgeeky

Reaction score
Any results?

The same thing recently happened to my phone, I dropped it and it stopped working. I've been looking to see what might be the cause. The thing is I knew it was eventually going to happen, since my screen has slowly stopped displaying things (sometimes I had to slide my keyboard to get it to reconnect and I was getting diagonal lines on my screen).

I'm planning to take apart my phone and check the connection, since I think this is a display connection to motherboard issue. If not I would have to replace the LCD, which is a lot of work and the part itself is $30 in ebay.

Motorola Droid 2 Repair Manual - iFixit

I was just wondering if you know the problem or if I have to get a new phone

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's possible that you only knocked a connector loose but the only way to find out is to get in there. Otherwise it's likely the LCD has been damaged.