Hello!!

guitarman608

Reaction score
hey you all this looks like a cool forum! been reading alot of good stuff and im intrigued so here goes my Intro
I'm Rob... i work in parts at an Audi dealer in Wilmington Delaware. and as you may have guessed by my handle i'm into guitars. i play, repair and build guitars as a hobby/second job. I currently own a Motorola droid 1 which i got new in december of last year.

i am finally getting around to rooting and custom roms and want to move on to themes. I am currently rooted and running sapphire 1.0.0 and everthing seems to work great and look great. i am also using launcher pro plus and rom manager(paid version as well) i have not installed any themes yet but the process seems easy enough, but heres my question.

i just saw the cold fusion theme and i wanna get it but i have to upgrade to sapphire version 1.1.1 to use it. can i jump right to 1.1.1 from 1.0.0 or do i need to install 1.1.0 first? any hints tips or links to install procedures would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Rob

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
To answer your question you can just install 1.1.1 right over 1.0.0. You don't have to go up incrementally.
If you have any more questions just ask. :)

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Glad you're here! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have Rom manager so I am not sure how the process differs on in stalling a theme. But once you choose a Rom I believe that you can then choose a kernel and a theme.
When using sprecovery everything is installed via update.zip files separately. That's what I use. :) sorry I could not be of more help.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
guitarman608

guitarman608

Reaction score
well thanks for the welcome!
just used rom manager to update my rom and it worked perfectly! talk about easy... glad i paid those guys !! cool! Anyways the reason i was leery of upgrading in the first place was i had a problem trying to get sapphire 1.0.0 to install using rom manager so i had to do it the hard way and it took me 2 tries to do it. now everything is fine!! so happy!! the only thing i cant get to re intall properly is "street view" on google maps ... looks like everything else works fine!!
now to go and get me a cold fusion theme... dancedroid

OP
guitarman608

guitarman608

Reaction score
oh yeah ... cold fusion rocks!! i love it!! anyways.. gotta go donate to team fusion!! what do you think pricewise for the coldfusion theme?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh yeah ... cold fusion rocks!! i love it!! anyways.. gotta go donate to team fusion!! what do you think pricewise for the coldfusion theme?

Mabey $5. You should also think about becoming a Droid forums premium member. It only costs 17.99 for a year? Think of all the help you get here its worth supporting.