Hello!

cdiar

Reaction score
Hi there! Uhh, I guess I'm here to keep up to date on the latest and greatest, offer any help that I can, and get help when I need it as well.

I have been an Android user for a little over a year. The Droid X was my first smartphone. I used to sell mobile phones at a kiosk with Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint all at once, and naturally most of the phones I sold were Android operated, so I know a lot about them on several different platforms.

I've only just learned how to root and flash stuff on my (former) phone, so I'm definitely a noob there. But now that I just got my Droid RAZR two days ago, I don't think I'm going to be doing any of that any time soon.

Next fall I'm going to be returning to school and have been thinking about working on programming and engineering Android software. I'm a bit too busy right now to mess with it much, so I'm learning as much as I'm able in the mean time.

So... Yep! That's me!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! We are happy to have you with us.

And thank you for the introduction thread, it is always nice to "meet" new people :)

OP
C

cdiar

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I'll probably be looking around here a lot just to learn and help out. Ah, the joy of having a new phone!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Oh I hear ya, I am very close to getting a new phone myself. The day after Christmas in fact, it is my present to ME! DancingNexus

OP
C

cdiar

Reaction score
Ahhh, haha. Idk, man. I've heard mixed reviews on the Nexus. I took a long hard look at the newest phones out before I made my decision. And I've seen the Nexus in person. It's... Well, it's not very well made.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Lol, that's the one I am getting. I will admit it feels light, way lighter than we are used to, but I am not worried about the build and besides I am going to have it cased and screen protected. I am more interested in the software anyway.

OP
C

cdiar

Reaction score
Right. That was a hard choice for me too. I would really love to have ICS. But I wasn't willing to compromise on quality. Plus, rumor has it that the RAZR is gonna have an ICS update next month. The general consensus that I got about the Nexus was, yeah, it's great, but mostly only because of ICS, and once other phone get ICS, they're gonna be great too, probably even better.

But, hey. I've you've got your heart set on it, then who am I to argue? Enjoy your Christmas present to yourself. =D I know I sure am!