Hello

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I just got myself my first android phone. The bionic. I love it. I've been jailbreaking my iphone/ipod touch for for four years once October comes around. Anyways, I already rooted my phone and i can already tell it's relatively similar to Jailbreaking. The only thing i dislike about my phone is motoblur. Firstly, I hate the dark blue UI. I'm one of those people that like simple and clean looks. Secondly, I've heard a lot of complaints about it such as slowing down phones (which shouldn't be a problem to the bionic, but you never know.) Is there anyway to ditch motoblur and get HTC sense 3.0 on there? Thank you!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums :)

I wasn't to fond of the UI with the stock bionic launcher. There are several available in the market, Popular ones, launcher Pro, ADW, etc .. may want to check them out.

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
I wasn't to fond of the UI with the stock bionic launcher. There are several available in the market, Popular ones, launcher Pro, ADW, etc .. may want to check them out.
All right I'll take a look. But back to my original question, is there anyway to get HTC sense on the bionic?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I'm not an expert on HTC phones. But from what I gathered, Beautiful Widgets, I think is still available in market. This with a new launcher is similar. I'm sure some with more experience with HTC can offer you some more insight on the topic.

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
Well I'm not an expert on HTC phones. But from what I gathered, Beautiful Widgets, I think is still available in market. This with a new launcher is similar. I'm sure some with more experience with HTC can offer you some more insight on the topic.
Alright, maybe I'll head over to a htc based forum and see what they can do. Thanks for your response looking into ADW now.

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
I noticed that adw doesn't theme the UI. How can that be done?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is my bionic with ADW... with better alarm clock app running. Not quite sure what exactly your looking for.

bio.jpg

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
This is my bionic with ADW... with better alarm clock app running. Not quite sure what exactly your looking for.

bio.jpg
By theming the UI I mean changing how it looks. The GUI. GEtting rid of that dark blue to maybe a white?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I noticed that adw doesn't theme the UI. How can that be done?

You would need to find a theme for the bionic. I'm not sure if there are any yet, could be wrong too. Not sure if metamorph plays nice with the bionic, but you could try that. You can find more on that at droidpirate.com. If you go that route, make sure you get one for gingerbread and make a backup.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And if you decide to use something like ADW, you can get different skins in the market. Most are free. Should be under ADW settings, skins, search for skins.