Hello

OldtimerDroid

Reaction score
Looking for a solution to issues with my Droid, without having to purchase a new phone.
I took Droid Version 2.2.2 in to Verizon store, due to the screen going crazy, it would make calls, open and close applications etc.
They did a software upgrade, which did not fix the problem and was told that I would need to "upgrade" my phone (imagine that) My phone is in excellent shape for it's age :)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
u have the original droid ? they did an upgrade to ur device, it shouldve done a reboot. was it giving them issues when they did the upgrade? and ur not running any task killers are u?

DeathAngelX

Reaction score
Hello all, new to forum, had Droid Eris, got incredible now had it for nearly a year. Upgrading in winter.

OP
OldtimerDroid

OldtimerDroid

Reaction score
u have the original droid ? they did an upgrade to ur device, it shouldve done a reboot. was it giving them issues when they did the upgrade? and ur not running any task killers are u?

Yes I have the original (oldtime Droid)I took it in to Verizon and they did the "upgrade" that supposedly would "fix" issues. and yes I am running task killers, is that a problem?

J

JriderG

Never had an og droid, but on my x I would reinstall and start from scratch if something like that went down. I would sbf back to stock to see if that helps first. I don't know if og Droid takes sbfs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

captain howdy

Reaction score
I agree, do not use app killers. Instead I rooted my phone and used Gemini app manager to freeze all the bloatware apps. I tend to have problems with pandora radio just start playing for no reason. A quick freeze and problem solved

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
OldtimerDroid

OldtimerDroid

Reaction score
OP
OldtimerDroid

OldtimerDroid

Reaction score
Never had an og droid, but on my x I would reinstall and start from scratch if something like that went down. I would sbf back to stock to see if that helps first. I don't know if og Droid takes sbfs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thanks, I will go back to factory settings if problem continues

OP
OldtimerDroid

OldtimerDroid

Reaction score
I agree, do not use app killers. Instead I rooted my phone and used Gemini app manager to freeze all the bloatware apps. I tend to have problems with pandora radio just start playing for no reason. A quick freeze and problem solved

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I will wait and see if Original settings helps my problem before I attempt "rooting":icon_eek:
Thanks for your help

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I will wait and see if Original settings helps my problem before I attempt "rooting":icon_eek:
Thanks for your help

well thats if u feel comfortable doing it. u most certainly dont have to root to customize ur phone. some apps work ok, some dont. be sire u have clear cache/data on all ur apps tho