Hello. I'm kit_b, and I'm a recovering iPhone user.

kit_b

Reaction score
Hey friends.

New to the forums, and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Also offer some insight in case anyone was in my situation and happened to stumble across this form as a result of a Google/Bing search.

I was using a jailbroken iPhone on Tmobile. Despite Apple's tyranny with its developers, I still liked the device. Sure, I couldn't send or receive picture messages or download a Google Voice app, but hey, it worked for the most part.

I switched over to a Tmobile G1 when they first came out, but when I discovered it didn't easily offer Exchange support, I had to scrap it.

So back to the iPhone I went.

My contract recently ended with Tmobile, and after succumbing to all the Droidvertising, I migrated to Verizon and got a Motorola Droid.

Its easily the best smartphone I've owned. I work primarily as a tech writer for a university, but I also have a small social networking consulting business. My Droid will save me time, frustration, and just *feels* cool.

I've had it for two days and already customized it. I can't wait to learn more.

So there we have it - *waves* - Hi new friends! Can't wait to learn more/discuss the awesomest device ever with you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. We have a lot of ex iPhone people over here. Nice to have something work right out of the box isn't it.

Glad you found us. Enjoy your Droid.

alm0614

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend rooting, at first i was apprehensive about it but after experience Bugless Beast ROMs as well as overclocking i couldnt go back..

just a recommendation

yourhero88

Reaction score
After coming from Apple, you'll find that this place is like a shelter for abused wifes.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, kit_b! I'm Anne and I'm a Droid addict. Sounds as though you're well on your way to the same fate... Welcome to the forum! You're gonna love it here!:yahoo:

OP
K

kit_b

Reaction score
Hookbill - yes, it is SO awesome to have something work right out of the box. I think the most frustrating thing about using that darned iPhone was that every time an upgrade came around, I'd have to find software and avoid plugging my iPhone into iTunes.

What.A.Mess.

Thanks for all the love, friends. This is an awesome forum thus far. The comment about this forum being like a shelter hit the nail right on the head.

I'm not sure that I'll root mine; part of why I love it is that it works right out of the box and I can just "let it be." It's working pretty swimmingly at the moment, and is doing everything I want it to do. I'll certainly do a good bit of reading though - I'm no stranger to the tech side of things.

I wub my Droid. And yeah, I said wub. BFD :icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome aboard kit_b......

I, like yourself, am VERY satisfied with this device. Best smartphone I've owned.

Enjoy the forums