Hello

B3y0ndD34th

Reaction score
Well hello, My name is Jaymes, you can call me B3y0ndD34th. I owned a Tmobile G1 a while back when they first came out while I was in College for my software engineering degree. Unfortunately the degree never quite worked out, but the phone did. I spend a lot of my time playing with code and breaking things for the sake of fixing them. When I lost my G1 I was devastated, Google did an amazing job coding the operating system and I hoped one day that Verizon would come up with an Android Device. I delved a little into Dalvik when I had my G1 and coded minor programs, but when I lost it I kind of lost the interest to play. When it was announced that Vodaphone and Verizon would get Android devices I though my prayers had been answered. I waited and picked and plucked because to me a Tech device is more of an appendage, or a friend. It needs to fit my life style and needs to work flawlessly. When I heard that Motorola was developing a device I must admit at first I was bummed. I use to sell Cell Phones and Motorola always had it's fair share of problems. I wanted to hang out till the Nexus One dropped but I had been doing my research as I should and had since decided that the long waiting time would not serve me justice. I looked into Specs and compared all aspects of the phone, and best of all my brother had recently upgraded to the Droid as well so I had some hands on experience too. So while the offer still stood I jumped at the opportunity to get an Android device for free on my upgrade. Although it's been only a week my Droid and I seem to be getting along swimmingly, at first it took some time to get use to the changes since the G1 era, but it took no time. I am surprised to see how responsive the touch screen and how accurate the on screen keyboard is (despite the battles we have) everything seems to be working well. My major selling point, I must admit, was the fact that this previous weekend we were suppose to get the 2.1 upgrade. I'm a little let down that we don't have it yet but I'm coping. All and all I am extremely happy with my choice and I hope to begin coding again soon... my Dalvik is rusty as I never really reformed it to begin with but if you need some extra coders feel free to drop a line my way. I love to test and I love to code, so hopefully I can be a good addition to your board.

I look forward to giving back to your community, Asala (my droid) and I send our kindest regards.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You will be pleased with your Droid and with joining this forum. Both are fantastic. The community will share and advise on any issue.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome, Jaymes! Glad you found us! This place is full of friendly folks and great information. So just look around and make yourself at home! You'll be amazed how much you can learn by reading the threads here on the forum! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Enjoy!

:welcome: