Hello from Nevada

scm

Reaction score
I've had my :motdroidvert: for a couple weeks now. Currently getting a dev environment setup to play with some ideas.

I like it so far but found this site while trying to solve a problem. When plugged in and in the car cradle, the phone goes to sleep after the timeout. Not very useful when using for nav. Where's the setting to leave the phone turned on while charging?

Thanks,
Steve

Techenigma

Reaction score
Do the following:

Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>Stay awake - Just check the box there and you phone will stay awake while it is charging.

Welcome!

OP
S

scm

Reaction score
Thanks for the menu map. Found it and will use that if all else fails.

Let me ask this, since my droid stays on when charging in the Motorola Media cradle, shouldn't it stay on in the Motorola car cradle? I have a lighter to usb adapter that came with some other gadget.The 6' micro to usb cable I bought from Buy.com has been working on my desk all day but doesn't seem to charge the phone when using the lighter adapter. Could it be the adapter's not wired completely?

Techenigma

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed that some of the 12v-USB adaptors out there won't charge your Droid. I'm not sure why, but yes the most likely answer is the wiring to the actual connectors isn't the right set up for charging. Though it will work on a PC no problem.

I have a micro USB charger I bought for charging the Droid, got it at Frys electronics for $3.99. Take that VZW and your $24.99 car charger!