Hello from MizzyMello

MizzyMello

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member here. Got Motorola Droid about a week ago and I reallly like it.

This is totally off topic and not specific to Droids, but if anyone knows the answer I would soooo appreciate it. I've put music on my Droid. I've never owned any kind of iPod or anything like that. Anyway, I have all these MP3s with Song Title and Artist Name for tags. I'm missing the album name. It seams to me that would be easy to find automatically, but I'm not having any luck. I've tried so many mp3 taggers and they can't do it. The problem is that most require you to select a series of songs from an album, and then it can find it. I just have single songs. If someone knows the answer to this, maybe you could send me a message

Thanks!
MizzyMellos (melissa)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

As far as adding tags goes if you had iTunes on your computer that would take care of it for you. I don't know how you can add tags on that are on already existing songs. I would delete the ones you have currently, load iTunes on your computer, let it find and organize your music for you. You can also set up your own playlist.

Grab another free program off the internet called Double Twist to download from iTunes to the Droid.

OP
M

MizzyMello

Reaction score
Wow. Fast reply. Are you saying iTunes will automatically fill in Album Names? Cause that's what I looking for. Something that can search databases on the Internet, find the Album Name and fill it in. I installed iTunes last night, and it doesn't seem like it does that. In fact, I found a program call fixtunes that will fill in the tags for iTunes, but it costs $25. I figured there must be a way to do it for free.

P.S. I'm a bird lover and I like your pic.

E

EvilWays

itag from the market but its kinda a pain if you have alot of music to do... and welcome

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member here. Got Motorola Droid about a week ago and I reallly like it.

This is totally off topic and not specific to Droids, but if anyone knows the answer I would soooo appreciate it. I've put music on my Droid. I've never owned any kind of iPod or anything like that. Anyway, I have all these MP3s with Song Title and Artist Name for tags. I'm missing the album name. It seams to me that would be easy to find automatically, but I'm not having any luck. I've tried so many mp3 taggers and they can't do it. The problem is that most require you to select a series of songs from an album, and then it can find it. I just have single songs. If someone knows the answer to this, maybe you could send me a message

Thanks!
MizzyMellos (melissa)

Welcome to the neighborhood, Melissa! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out.

Take a look at this thread (the non-root solutions) for ideas on how to organize your music. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/30276-droidforums-solutions-thread.html Maybe some of these will help you. The easiest way I found was to label (some of my older music that came up with no title) and organize it in iTunes first then transfer it to the Droid. Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

:welcome: