Hello from Chicago

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
I'm a operations manager for a company in Chicago that builds all-in-one PCs. The Droid is my first smart phone. I was jealous of all my friends with i-Phones, but I actively refuse to use AT&T for anything, so I held out.

My experience with my Droid has been mostly positive. I'm a techie, so I love the fact that it can be an extension of my brain, holding onto important info so my brain doesn't have to, and giving me access to things I need (or think I need) wherever I am.

I have had some frustrations: I'm having psychotically strange problems with my POP email, making me worry that something I don't intend recipients to see ends up in their inbox (like a job recruiting email inadvertently sent to my boss). The issues I've had lately make that seem like a distinct possibility.

I also bought the Jabra bluetooth media station, but it only works as advertised about 75% of the time.

I've dealt with all the issues I'm sure you all have also: force closes, bad battery life, bad apps, etc.

The best phone I've owned up until now was the LG Envy. Not really a smart phone, but it did everything it was supposed to well. The worst phone I ever had was the Samsung Flipshot, which was a superior camera phone, but a rotten phone-phone.

That's me in a nutshell. I look forward to participating more here and getting to know you all.

AFA
Chicago, IL

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome tom the forums AllFallsApart....

Great to have you here.

It seems like you got a handle on the issues you listed. Read up here and learn all you can. There is a lot to learn about the Moto Droid and I've seen some of the biggest techie's learn a thing or 2 here : )

There are a ton of amazing members here with an extensive knowledge of Android so if you have any questions that you cannot find through the search function feel free to ask away.

Enjoy your stay.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry that you are having email issues. You should check the K9 app and Touchdown.

Mike

OP
A

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. By admitting I'm a big "techie", I meant simply that I'm into technology, not that I am bursting at the seems with knowledge. I'm an open book and I look forward to learning a lot here.

I just downloaded K9 from the market. I'm still nervous that my issues may be server related, however.

AFA

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand. Do you have an IT resource that would be able to help or check your settings?

What email service are your using? Is it POP or IMAP?

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood, AllFallsApart! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

:welcome: