Hello Droid Owners

jlsmelser

Reaction score
My name is Jeff, I live in the Pacific Northwest, I have had my Incredible for a couple of years, thinking about moving up to the Bionic. I want to try and root my Incredible, but did take the update from Verizon, so I am 2.3.4. So I think I am going to have to wait for an easier method of rooting. My Wife just got a replacement phone and I noticed it has 2.2.. Anyway, my younger brother is an Iphone freak, and is always telling me about its abilities, I will not go to IPhone, I cant even work the Ipod. So Im here to learn new things about Our phones.:icon_eek:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:) The bionic is a great phone but there are some bugs that need to be worked out. Those issues should be addressed in the next couple of weeks with an OTA update. My suggestion is, unless your comfortable rooting and romming, wait a few weeks.

sent from my liberated bionic using transparent Droid forums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Yea. See ur notification bar up top? Android has had it for years and now apple is implementing the same thing. Everything ur phone has. iOS doesn't come close too functionality.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Jeff!! Glad you decided to stick with Android and joined us!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board! I see you were one of the few lucky ones to receive the GB update. As an Inc owner, I'm still waiting...well was waiting....

Did a little digging and found a way to root for your phone: PLEASE READ THE POST CAREFULLY

OP
J

jlsmelser

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the Welcome! I had found that method to root a few minutes ago, I may try it tomorrow, or may wait till something a little more simple comes along. I am elgible for an upgrade now, but financially not ready, we got Married 2 weeks ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway before the Nascar race. Costs Us a ton of money, but was worth every penny. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcome. Im here to learn more about Our phones and keep up with others that I may upgrade to when money is right. Im here to learn. Glad I found this board!
:icon_ banana:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! I see you were one of the few lucky ones to receive the GB update. As an Inc owner, I'm still waiting...well was waiting....

Did a little digging and found a way to root for your phone: PLEASE READ THE POST CAREFULLY

I think the computer program superoneclick rooting method might work too, I used that to root my friends att HTC inspire, although I think he had 2.3.3...it's not too hard to use though

And welcome to the forums, all android all the time, unless we're bashing the iPhone ;) lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score