Hello Droid Forums...or...The *!$#@ New Guy

Goose07

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Nick and I'm not necessarily new to these forums, but I am a new member! I've had my Moto Droid since February, after I talked my wife into ditching the iPhone. That's right, I used to be the enemy. I came from an iPhone 3G, which was slow as hell, and I couldn't take it anymore. I hated not being able to customize and I hated the Google/Apple divorce. Let's face it, the kids got screwed in that deal.

One of the main things that attracted me to Android was the Google integration. I loved the Gmail App, and I couldn't take not having Gtalk on my phone. It's my most used feature! Back when I didn't have multitasking, and had to rely on push messages (it was a dark time in my life) all I wanted was to be able to run even Meebo in the backround, and be able to see all of my notifications in one place. When a friend showed me his Droid, I was smitten. I couldn't believe how far Android had come, and needless to say, I dropped the iPhone and the fanboyism like exactly what it was...a bad habit.

I love my Droid. The same friend who showed me the Droid also helped me root. As an OCD IT/Gadget nerd it's been downhill ever since. I love trying new themes, beta testing for developers, and checking the Market for newer versions of Launchers is like Christmas! I'm running Bugless Beast v.04 (2.2) and running at 800 Mhz. Nothing too crazy. I love Android and I love where it's going. Just wanted to stop by and say hello and thank everyone for all of the help they give. I'm a car guy too, and I know how helpful forums are when diagnosing problems or finding out something new about the thing I use everyday. Hope to hear from everyone around the forums!

J

Johnly

Have fun SEARCHING! Gold can be found to your answers....

li2327

Reaction score
So nice to meet you Goose. Glad you're enjoying your Droid. Its an awesome device. This site makes it even more fun to use!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
newbie.gif

Welcome to the addiction and make sure you feed it. It needs to thrive :D