Hello. A most wonderful phone, Droid 2 But...

odielag

Reaction score
Hello, I'm thrilled to be blessed with such an amazing phone. It Does Everything.... except... Nomatter what headset I use I cannot answer a call using the headset.

I bought 2 headsets, a bluetooth one and a corded one. (I prefer the corded one)...

I went to the Verizon store where I bought my phone, and they say it's a known issue. My question is... is there a fix? A hack? And also, how could I contribute to a solution for all where in the next update the phone will be able to answer calls using a headset?

I'll be watching this thread...
~Omar

:motdroidvert:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to have you. I'm moving your post to the Droid 2 general discussion section so that other Droid 2 users can respond.

Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not sure about a wire head set but you can easily answer it with a bluetooth headset.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here. With a bluetooth headset it works perfectly.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've used 4 different BT headsets and the all answer calls just fine.

OP
O

odielag

Reaction score
Oh, must just be my wired headset. I found a temporary type of solution. I found an app on the marketplace called auto answer.

wmnomore

Reaction score
that sucks^. I would go into verizon and get them to look at it. maybe try one of theirs. This shouldn't happen and an app isn't a cure.
good luck

OP
O

odielag

Reaction score
Ya. I was at verizon and spoke to a few of their representatives, and it's a known problem. Whenever I would press the push button on my wired headset it used to play music, then i'd press it again and it would turn the music off.

At least now, when i'm driving, it can auto answer a call. My headset seems to be a Jabra C510 corded headset.

Cunha

Reaction score
Thats strange and I've never seen anyone else post about it. I think it is a "known issue" in that the guys at your verizon store now know that your phone does that and don't want to deal with it. Don't be too nice to them.

Test it with one of their BT headsets and make sure it works..then you can safely say that your wired headset is just not compatible.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I can answer calls while working out and use my headset. Of course all it does is give me the sound. I have to answer it normally.