Hearing static and a high pitched whine

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
Audio quality has been great on my Rezound for the past week. Now whenever I plug in any ear buds (not just the Beats), I hear static and a high pitched whine even when no audio is playing. Everything sounds fine on speaker. Battery pull/reboot does nothing.

Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Hardware Problem

I just finished doing an extensive test on mine. No buzzing, hissing or static in the foreground or background. It's whisper quiet in pause and play. Sounds like this is an issue affecting certain phones. Maybe a defect in very early production models. I'd return it, as this is definitely NOT normal.

RH

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Audio quality has been great on my Rezound for the past week. Now whenever I plug in any ear buds (not just the Beats), I hear static and a high pitched whine even when no audio is playing. Everything sounds fine on speaker. Battery pull/reboot does nothing.

Any ideas?

Take it back to Verizon

OP
D

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
I do find references to the same issue in other forums. No fixes though. I contacted HTC, and am waiting on their support team to call me back.

Of course I could just take it back to Verizon and swap my SD out to another Rezound. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem if I ultimately choose to exchange it for the Galaxy Nexus?

pedromartinez

Reaction score
I do find references to the same issue in other forums. No fixes though. I contacted HTC, and am waiting on their support team to call me back.

Of course I could just take it back to Verizon and swap my SD out to another Rezound. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem if I ultimately choose to exchange it for the Galaxy Nexus?

It shouldn't. It's not an exchange nor a return, it's a replacement for a defective unit.

OP
D

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
Update. Took my Rezound to local Verizon corp store. Rep takes it in back, comes out says he hears nothing. I plug my beats in, I hear nothing. Great problem solved. I get home and plug the beats in and there it is the high pitched whine again. I noticed the whine turns off if the screen if off.

Got a call into HTC support, waiting for a call back.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Update. Took my Rezound to local Verizon corp store. Rep takes it in back, comes out says he hears nothing. I plug my beats in, I hear nothing. Great problem solved. I get home and plug the beats in and there it is the high pitched whine again. I noticed the whine turns off if the screen if off.

So, essentially they're calling you a lier? Great customer service. Do they think people just make up imaginary problems to complain about? Why do they think you'd be asking for a replacement of the exact same model? You should take it back and deal with a manager. Insist on a new phone. No way should you be forced to wait for HTC to come out with a fix. This is a known issue that affects certain Rezounds. Show them these links.

Owners of HTC Rezound having problems with interference when using headphones

HTC Rezound Latest Smartphone Suffering from Audio Interference?

RH