Headphones / mic?

dlambert

Reaction score
Any idea if the headphone / mic combination headsets available for iPhone will work w/ Droid, or is the 3.5mm jack for output only?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i imagine it has the two rings in it so you could use a mic as the third channel, that's how they all work if they are capable.. the input will look like a stereo input that you see on some guitar amps and mixing boards and the plug itself will have the.. i just realized i'm not answering your question..

sorry. every smartphone that i am familiar with, that accepts standard 3.5mm plugs, are headphone/mic compatible. you can use regular headphones or the ones where the plug has the extra ring (what i was trying to get at earlier) for the mic signal. so yes, most likely any 3.5mm headphone setup will work. he one for the iphone was different because it had to be so thin to fit in the opening provided. apple did this to try and force people to create headsets specifically for the iphone. but my understanding is that any iphone specific headset will also work for anything else, just the opposite is not true.