headphone jack

oscarzacosta

Reaction score
funny I've asked this "input output jack" question on a bunch of droid forums and at tech at the verizon store.

nobody has the vaguest idea apparently.

eventually I'll sneak some time on the shop bench and figure it out. when I do I'm charging for the info.

I can't believe even verizon doesn't seem to have a clue.

rlb

Reaction score
I'm hearing distortion in the left channel at very moderate volumes (less than 50%) too. Its been there since day one (Nov 6th) and only in certain bass intensive songs. Maybe someone can correct me, but I thought clipping occurrs when you are pushing an amp to its maximum, which theoretically shouldn't occur at lower volumes, correct? I wish there was a definitive way to diagnose the problem.

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
I too have this same problem. Especially with my son's loud rap crap..... My phone is but 4 days old. Ya know, the problem with forums in general? There is soooo much info to read, that if you take the time to wade through it the phone you're interested in will be obsolete before you're finished. Sigh....

toddj

Reaction score
Glad it's not just me having this problem. I've noticed it doing it in the bugless beast default music player (2.1?) as well as the mixzing music player. I hadn't really noticed it before I switched to bugless beast though.
At first i thought i had messed up my front left speaker, and was scared that i would have to have it replaced, so i tried using cd player and ipod instead and it worked fine.

It usually helps quite a bit if i just lower the volume one below max

Big0013

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with three droids now. I thought it was the droid itself, but then realized that it was the wifi kernel that is in all these roms. if your using wifi then your going to have this out come. I went but to stock 2.0.1 and there was no problem, but soon as I loaded up another rom with wifi kernel(dirty walter, dirty whom ever and all) any kernel that has dirty in the name, it goes right back to having problems with the left speaker. I just wonder how many of you that are having these problems, are or where running a rom with wifi in it cause that was my problem. I would love someone to look into this problem. When i run stock I can blast the music full volume with no problems. I think someone needs to look a little deeper into the kernel itself.. Thanks guys

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm stock and I only have problems when connected to the line in on my work PC. For everything else (Droid speaker, stereo systems at home, earphones) audio is fine even at full volume.

pudah

Reaction score
I never noticed this before running stock 2.0.1, but I rooted and went to DroidMod ROM and now I notice it. Backing down 1 or 2 clicks solves it, but was not necessary before. Did 2.0.1 correct it? If so Im guessing this correction didnt carry over to DroidMod. Does anyone know what the "fix" was? If it was simply making the new 100% volume the old 80% then I can live with it. If it was something else I'd like to figure out a fix. The strange part is it fixed itself once. I was playing with the volume when getting this left side distortion, and then I put it back to 100% volume and the same song had no distortion and sounded great! The next day it was back to the same old distortion.

adamx13

Reaction score
Same

I have the same issue with my Droid X..this phone is amazing in every way but i dont get why i keep getting this crackling noise when I listen to music in my car using a tape adapter. It happens at high/low volume on pretty much every song. My previous phone(lg dare) didn't have this issue at all, i actualy connected it today and it worked perfect. Also when i connected my Droid x to my surround using headphone jack it sounded amazing..no crackling or anything. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know!!

jackpfree

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid X..this phone is amazing in every way but i dont get why i keep getting this crackling noise when I listen to music in my car using a tape adapter. It happens at high/low volume on pretty much every song. My previous phone(lg dare) didn't have this issue at all, i actualy connected it today and it worked perfect. Also when i connected my Droid x to my surround using headphone jack it sounded amazing..no crackling or anything. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know!!

it was a software issue with the droid, maybe a fix will some soon

Iam2taz

Reaction score
One of the reasons I bought this was to use during workouts. (It came down to buy a new IPOD or use my upgrade on my phone.) It had better be clear! I'm not gonna blow the speakers through my ears, but I am not gonna be happy with a sub-par sounding device.

SG181

Reaction score
I've noticed that even when I'm playing music at a lower volume (around 30-40%), the left earbud does not work properly. The left side is usually playing at a significantly lower volume compared to the right one. If I adjust the headphone plug and wiggle it around, I can usually find a spot where the audio plays normally, but I have to hold the plug in that same position to keep it that way. It's rather annoying, and it'd be nice if I could find a fix for it.

jankevin

Reaction score
I having a problem with making my headphones work after I plug them in (the headphones worked for awhile)and than they didn't, now I just tried plugging in a pair of headphones and it's working then sometimes it will make my phone call my home phone number. This is very strange, why would it do that? Could it be the jack inside the phone doing this? Should I take it back to the Verizon store? Thanks for the help in advanced.